Bought groceries today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you smoke them and not dry them out? I have a pellet grill and would like to try legs and thighs on there one of these days
Like this:

20yYRoH.jpg

A few hours in the low 200s the furthest away from the fire box as I can get. Wings are fairly fatty.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicken is boring, but it's relatively inexpensive and using good marinades and cooking styles makes it half decent. I grill meat at least 5 nights per week, plus I'll smoke some whenever I fire up the smoker. I made salisbury steaks tonight with equal parts ground beef, pork, and deer sausage. It was delicious.
Chickens are flat nasty critters. Now eggs, I can tear up some eggs, raw, sunny side up, scrambled, omelet. Love me some egs and duck egs are best

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe 18 months. She's 5' 4" and went from around 170 down to around 120, but doesn't work out or anything, just the diet. I'm almost 6' 1" and started on New Years Day and went from 260 to 219, but I exercise (cut firewood w/ an axe, about 6 cords this year). I've lost a lot of fat, but also put on a decent amount of muscle. I now have some traps, can flex my pecs, bigger arms, my glutes are a little bigger, my already large quads, hammies, and calves are bigger and more toned. I do still have some belly fat, but I'm noticing that my love handles are going away and I can flex my abs, but no 6 pack or anything. Halloween and the holidays are going to be hard because I have a huge sweet tooth, but I have 8 kids right now who need a dad who isn't a fat sack of poo so I have good motivation. Another thing we did was up our water intake. I don't know how much she drinks, but I went from 2-3 liters to 4-6 liters per day.

Sounds like y'all have done good doing it your way. I'd like to lose 40 more pounds - that would put me at 120. I'm 5'3" and have just assumed I need to exercise to try and get back some of the flexibility and strength I've lost from my accident. I'm not looking forward to it but some of it will be fun because Dawg loves to go walking at the Park with me so ... I look forward to that. Makes him a happy puppy! 🤗🤗

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a young person with a young family living on blue collar income I appreciate the sympathy from the few of ya! hehe

I don’t call my parents for handouts when things get tough either. My folks make good money nowadays but they don’t give me shite, and I’m better for it. I’m too proud to ask anyway… I’d have to be in a VERY rough spot in life to hit my folks up for money.

The wings are making me hungry!

Latest posts

Top Bottom