BREAKING: ATF says most popular pistol braces "shouldering devices"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes we pulled a fast one so we should not be whining when the ATF figured it out and slapped us down. Seriously sometimes some of the people going on about things like this sound like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum.

Someone tried something, it worked until others got the brilliant idea to show off how they got around the ATF. The ATF saw it and slapped them down. You folks should be mad at the idiots that went on U-tube and showed how it could be used as a stock. Personally if I had something the law might find questionable, I sure as hell would not be crowing about it online.

But, but, the Constitution. Sorry folks but you get 100 different lawyers, you will get 100 different opinions on what the Constitution means.
upload_2020-11-26_10-37-21.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nope, just smarter than the average idiot seeking his 15 minutes of fame. If you are doing something illegal, shut the hell up. Almost as dumb as the idiots raping a woman and posting the video online.

Personally I have no use for a pistol brace but I also have no problem with people owning one. I just refuse to get upset when they screw up and get them banned. You folks want everyone to get pissed off over something you guys caused. Get over it and next time do not post videos showing you breaking the law.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, just smarter than the average idiot seeking his 15 minutes of fame. If you are doing something illegal, shut the hell up. Almost as dumb as the idiots raping a woman and posting the video online.

Personally I have no use for a pistol brace but I also have no problem with people owning one. I just refuse to get upset when they screw up and get them banned. You folks want everyone to get pissed off over something you guys caused. Get over it and next time do not post videos showing you breaking the law.
Whoa!!! I got something to say.
Your actually comparing exercising your 2nd amendment right to rape!
You need to seriously check yourself on that one!

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

“Smarter than the average idiot” -> “almost as dumb as the idiots raping women and posting it online”

Pretty warped comparison.

“want everyone to get pissed off over something you guys caused”

how did we cause the NFA of 1934?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Smarter than the average idiot” -> “almost as dumb as the idiots raping women and posting it online”

Pretty warped comparison.

“want everyone to get pissed off over something you guys caused”

how did we cause the NFA of 1934?

You guys did not cause the NFA of 1934, those of you going on U-tube etc showing a brace being used as a stock caused the ATF to change it's mind on most braces. I bet those not banned are all hard to use as a stock.

I still can not get over the "I have to do it online so I can be famous mindset". Back in the day if you showed off doing something illegal you would be doing your part to beautify America, in the bottom of a landfill somewhere. You kept a low profile and kept your mouth shut. Either that or you stayed legit, in prison or dead.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes we pulled a fast one so we should not be whining when the ATF figured it out and slapped us down. Seriously sometimes some of the people going on about things like this sound like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum.

Someone tried something, it worked until others got the brilliant idea to show off how they got around the ATF. The ATF saw it and slapped them down. You folks should be mad at the idiots that went on U-tube and showed how it could be used as a stock. Personally if I had something the law might find questionable, I sure as hell would not be crowing about it online.

But, but, the Constitution. Sorry folks but you get 100 different lawyers, you will get 100 different opinions on what the Constitution means.

The constitution says exactly what it says, pretty plain and easy to read and comprehend. We are, where we are today, due to people compromising and letting the constitution and bill of rights be chipped away at until you are on the verge of losing it all.

You might not like pistol braces, or whatever, but I assure you that you should stand with those who do, for one day the items you enjoy and or hold dear will be on the chopping block, at that time you will say hey where is everyone, and you will be faced with the choice stand and fight or hand them over.

Where do you draw the line, standard capacity mags? Adjustable stocks? Muzzle devices? slings? How many rounds of ammo you can posses at one time? internet orders for parts and cleaning supplies? Where sir is your line in the sand?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Constitution has a few more pages than just 2A. In those pages, it establishes Congress, and gives them the ability to create agencies, etc. and allows those agencies to create rules. The Constitution also gives us the ability to have those rules changed or eliminated. It has worked pretty well for the last couple of hundred years. When we get on line and complain to each other, we are not much better than those that are demanding the elimination of law enforcement or any of the other fringe groups roaming the streets. If we believe that a rule or law is unconstitutional, we need to get busy working for the changes we want. Every rule or law stands until it is changed, or ruled as unconstitutional.

Have you written, called, discussed these issues with the appropriate Senator or Representative? I have.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys did not cause the NFA of 1934, those of you going on U-tube etc showing a brace being used as a stock caused the ATF to change it's mind on most braces. I bet those not banned are all hard to use as a stock.

I still can not get over the "I have to do it online so I can be famous mindset". Back in the day if you showed off doing something illegal you would be doing your part to beautify America, in the bottom of a landfill somewhere. You kept a low profile and kept your mouth shut. Either that or you stayed legit, in prison or dead.
Yea you old timers were smart enough not to post videos of the girls you raped right?

The whole point you are missing is that it shouldn’t be illegal at all. So what if people post videos on YouTube of them shouldering the braces? Good for them! Legality does not equal MORALITY. We are annoyed that we have to use braces in the first place, now mega annoyed that the government has decided that its peasant class can’t even have braces because...why? What problem have they caused? What horrible misdeeds and injustices have they contributed to?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea you old timers were smart enough not to post videos of the girls you raped right?

The whole point you are missing is that it shouldn’t be illegal at all. So what if people post videos on YouTube of them shouldering the braces? Good for them! Legality does not equal MORALITY. We are annoyed that we have to use braces in the first place, now mega annoyed that the government has decided that its peasant class can’t even have braces because...why? What problem have they caused? What horrible misdeeds and injustices have they contributed to?

You do not like a law, you work to change it. It is that simple. How do you change it, you work to get people elected that agree with you for starters. You do not find a work around then brag about it online, then whine when it gets taken away. As far as legality vs morality, many people think it is immoral that we have guns at all. It is the law that saves us.

And of all the bad things I did in my youth, rape was never one of them. When someone did brag about raping a woman, they prayed the cops got to them first, or they became part of said landfill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom