BREAKING: ATF says most popular pistol braces "shouldering devices"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do not like a law, you work to change it. It is that simple. How do you change it, you work to get people elected that agree with you for starters. You do not find a work around then brag about it online, then whine when it gets taken away. As far as legality vs morality, many people think it is immoral that we have guns at all. It is the law that saves us.

And of all the bad things I did in my youth, rape was never one of them. When someone did brag about raping a woman, they prayed the cops got to them first, or they became part of said landfill.
i can agree with you on this post. well said.

edit: except the part about finding a work around then bragging about it online...I dont think we should have to hide in secrecy whispering to each other like Jews in 1940's Poland.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes we pulled a fast one so we should not be whining when the ATF figured it out and slapped us down. Seriously sometimes some of the people going on about things like this sound like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum.

Someone tried something, it worked until others got the brilliant idea to show off how they got around the ATF. The ATF saw it and slapped them down. You folks should be mad at the idiots that went on U-tube and showed how it could be used as a stock. Personally if I had something the law might find questionable, I sure as hell would not be crowing about it online.

But, but, the Constitution. Sorry folks but you get 100 different lawyers, you will get 100 different opinions on what the Constitution means.

Just stop..... get some help. You're completely ignorant of the situation and it shows.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/t...egality-of-sb-tactical-pistol-braces-exposed/

Hint: Shouldering a brace was NOT illegal per the ATF in 2017..... so nobody "pulled a fast one." Psssst.....They allowed it.

Finally, I have to wonder why you're on a 2A board if you have that attitude with regards as to what the Constitution means concerning 2A rights.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, just smarter than the average idiot seeking his 15 minutes of fame. If you are doing something illegal, shut the hell up. Almost as dumb as the idiots raping a woman and posting the video online.

Personally I have no use for a pistol brace but I also have no problem with people owning one. I just refuse to get upset when they screw up and get them banned. You folks want everyone to get pissed off over something you guys caused. Get over it and next time do not post videos showing you breaking the law.

It's not breaking the law per the ATF. I know you're full tilt Fudd here, but you're only making yourself look more stupid with each post because you refuse to read.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the founding fathers did not say to ignore the laws and they gave us the means to work to change them. You do not like a law, get enough people that agree with you and work to change it.

“That, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness”. I guess you don’t know this part of the Declaration of Independence.

Our government has long been destructive to our republic. And it’s long overdue for us to abolish it and institute a new government.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Constitution has a few more pages than just 2A. In those pages, it establishes Congress, and gives them the ability to create agencies, etc. and allows those agencies to create rules. The Constitution also gives us the ability to have those rules changed or eliminated. It has worked pretty well for the last couple of hundred years. When we get on line and complain to each other, we are not much better than those that are demanding the elimination of law enforcement or any of the other fringe groups roaming the streets. If we believe that a rule or law is unconstitutional, we need to get busy working for the changes we want. Every rule or law stands until it is changed, or ruled as unconstitutional.

Have you written, called, discussed these issues with the appropriate Senator or Representative? I have.
We have all done the calling and all that. It does not work. Our government is far too corrupt. Just look at the things the ATF does. They legislate when they have zero authority to do so. Read my last post I made. It sums it up very nicely. It is way past time to do what that passage says. But we already know how you believe. Your the type that just wants to cower to daddy government and whenever they infringe on another right it’s ok. Well it isn’t ok. ANY infringement is cause for a revolt.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stop..... get some help. You're completely ignorant of the situation and it shows.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/t...egality-of-sb-tactical-pistol-braces-exposed/

Hint: Shouldering a brace was NOT illegal per the ATF in 2017..... so nobody "pulled a fast one." Psssst.....They allowed it.

Finally, I have to wonder why you're on a 2A board if you have that attitude with regards as to what the Constitution means concerning 2A rights.

I know what the Constitution means, I also know what the law says (well as much as a non-lawyer can) The law says you can not have an SBR without the permit and paying the tax. The AR and AK "pistols" fitted with a "brace" that you can shoulder ARE a work around and everyone with a working brain knows it. Just some of us are honest enough to admit it.

Do I wish I could legally own an SBR without the permit, etc. Maybe when I was younger. I might have enjoyed playing with a short AK. I have no problem with people owning them or wanting to make them legal without the permit. What I have a problem with is whiny children getting upset because their trick did not work and wanting us to be upset too. News flash, I am not. I hope you can get the law changed and would vote for people wanting to change it, but I am to old to be breaking or trying to get around the law. I look terrible in prison orange and I am nobodies prison girlfriend.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what the Constitution means, I also know what the law says (well as much as a non-lawyer can) The law says you can not have an SBR without the permit and paying the tax. The AR and AK "pistols" fitted with a "brace" that you can shoulder ARE a work around and everyone with a working brain knows it. Just some of us are honest enough to admit it.

Do I wish I could legally own an SBR without the permit, etc. Maybe when I was younger. I might have enjoyed playing with a short AK. I have no problem with people owning them or wanting to make them legal without the permit. What I have a problem with is whiny children getting upset because their trick did not work and wanting us to be upset too. News flash, I am not. I hope you can get the law changed and would vote for people wanting to change it, but I am to old to be breaking or trying to get around the law. I look terrible in prison orange and I am nobodies prison girlfriend.

The ATF stated these weren't an SBR and that shouldering them did not make it so. This isn't a trick any more than someone taking a tax deduction. It was deemed legal when they asked specifically if this violated the law, when it was ruled as such, people ran with it.

Nobody is being whiny, they're just asking for a government entity to stop overstepping it's bounds, and refrain from it's bipolar nature.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF stated these weren't an SBR and that shouldering them did not make it so. This isn't a trick any more than someone taking a tax deduction. It was deemed legal when they asked specifically if this violated the law, when it was ruled as such, people ran with it.

Nobody is being whiny, they're just asking for a government entity to stop overstepping it's bounds, and refrain from it's bipolar nature.

You can expect the government to stop being bipolar as soon as only one person is in charge of everything, and only then if that person is not bipolar. Multiple people, multiple opinions.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Constitution consists of more pages than just 2A, and in those pages is where Congress is created and their ability to create agencies, etc. those agencies make rules and those rules are law until changed or ruled as unconstitutional. The Constitution has worked pretty well for over 200 years. It also tells us how to get rules and laws changed. Now, the idea of no longer following the Constitution and revolting will create multiple little third world villages with various tribal chieftains, so go ahead and pretend that you are Antifa or BKM. I’m sure they are looking for new members

Latest posts

Top Bottom