Can't decide on what I want as far as a new semi-auto!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand, the gun was designed for the European market. In Europe, it can be much tougher to get a pistol legally, so by designing a system where a shooter could have different caliber pistols without going through the time and expense of buying separate guns SIG thought they'd have a bug seller in a market beset by challenges. From what I've heard, it hasn't quite been the success they had hoped but the striker-fired P320 may turn that around.

Although I may have to get the black version (as my FFL hasn't been able to locate a two tone one), I think the two tone version of all the FN pistols are some of the nicest looking pistols out there today. As for how they feel, when I picked up a FNP back in 2012, it was as if the gun had been custom-molded to my hand. I'd expect the FNS-9 to be the same way.

That was why Sig did that. It's quite hard to own multiple handguns in Europe because they have to go through ATF like paperwork like we do for SBR's, fullautos, etc. but yet for plain jane guns.
I've handled the FNX-45 back a couple of years ago and you're right, it's like it was molded just for your hand, it was one of the most comfortable handguns I've ever felt but yet it being so big it felt amazing!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's not on your list, but GTC mentioned it (sorta) so I'll post my opinion as well:

I just got a CZ P07. It's great. Great enough I'm not going to miss the Gen 4 G19 I traded for it. Great trigger for a production pistol and very accurate, at least for me. First time out, I shot a lot better than with any of my Glocks.

It came with the decocker installed and manual safety in the box. Both are ambidextrous. I went ahead and installed the manual safety for "Condition 1" carry. Besides, I can always manually decock if I really feel the need to.

The updated version has interchangeable backstraps, but not the side panels like the HK.

MikeM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you buying any of these without going to the range and shooting them? Because you have a wide variety of 40s there and I can tell you from practical experience three of them feel completely different in the hand. I have a M&P 40 and love shooting it. I had a PX4 and could wait to sell it. I have held the 320 (still not available for rent) and want to see what the small grip feels like. What you need to do is just go to the range and see which one feels and shoots the best for you. Glocks are a prime example of a feel good to shoot firearm. I know a lot of people who love Glocks and I just don't like how they feel in my hand. Once you try a firearm, you will know when you shoot it that it is the right firearm for you.
Having said all that, I will repeat I love shooting my M&P. I also have CZ 9 that is a joy to shoot. I wish you well in your search for the best weapon for you.

Rains

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well good thing a Walther PPQ isn't an option.

I haven't bought another fullsize gun since buying my PPQ. I just wish they would come out with a subcompact version.

I guess I'd vote for the HK as next best to the PPQ...hehe.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the Sig 320. You've got to shoot it. I've always wanted to be an HK fan, but every one I shoot just hasn't felt right for me.

I really do wanna' try out the P320! Since it's been out it's been driving me crazy trying to get my hands on one!
I'm a bit drawn away from it now for the fact of the bore axis compared to the H&K, THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE in the height.
But I'm still interested in it though.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you buying any of these without going to the range and shooting them? Because you have a wide variety of 40s there and I can tell you from practical experience three of them feel completely different in the hand. I have a M&P 40 and love shooting it. I had a PX4 and could wait to sell it. I have held the 320 (still not available for rent) and want to see what the small grip feels like. What you need to do is just go to the range and see which one feels and shoots the best for you. Glocks are a prime example of a feel good to shoot firearm. I know a lot of people who love Glocks and I just don't like how they feel in my hand. Once you try a firearm, you will know when you shoot it that it is the right firearm for you.
Having said all that, I will repeat I love shooting my M&P. I also have CZ 9 that is a joy to shoot. I wish you well in your search for the best weapon for you.

I'd have to go up to Tulsa or OKC to rent guns to shoot, there isn't a place here in McAlester for that and I don't feel like driving two or three hours just for that.
That's why I do A S*** TON of research and watch reviews on all of these guns.
I do like the M&P line a lot, just as much as I like Glocks.
I'm a bit skeptical though on the M&P line.
My main reason is is because the very first M&P I got was the M&P40c.
As soon as I got it me and my dad went straight to the range, it shot FLAWLESSLY! Perfect 3" groups or less out past 25 yards.
After that day though, every other time we went to the range and shot it it was just terrible!
We have tried many different types of ammo through it, me and my dad both shot it, we've changed the palm swell, we've changed the way we gripped the gun, our stance and everything.
Yet it still wanted to shoot very very very poorly.
I had found out that Smith & Wesson had been accidentally putting on the wrong height sights on there pistols.
I didn't find that out until I got rid of it though.
I had just recently got myself the M&P Shield in .40S&W, I LOVE IT!
I still have to work with it some more to become more accurate with it since I'm not so used to the trigger and all, ya' know?
I have thought about getting a CZ of some sort, if I was to get one it would be the CZ75 SP-01 Tactical in .40S&W. Since I'm a lefty I kinda need the decocker/safety on the right hand side of the gun or else, IMO, the gun would be pointless.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well good thing a Walther PPQ isn't an option.

I haven't bought another fullsize gun since buying my PPQ. I just wish they would come out with a subcompact version.

I guess I'd vote for the HK as next best to the PPQ...hehe.

I have thought about getting the Walther QQP, I just don't know what to really think about it.
I do like it and then I don't, I don't know whether it's ugly or cool looking. The Walther PPQ is like alcohol, you gotta' have that acquired taste for it, ya' know?
Now I do like the P99, my dad had a older model of the P99 with the proprietary rail.
I do like the compact version of the P99, that looks badass to me.
But anyways, back on the PPQ. My only big problem with it is the magazine release, I wish they kept the European style "lever" magazine release, then I'd be all over the PPQ.
Now I think everyone can agree on that the PPX is one FUGLY SoB! Why Walther made that "thing", God probably doesn't even know why! :rollingla

But send me pictures of your PPQ because I want a good size comparison of it because I have thought about getting it.
Also a range report or maybe even a video of you shooting it would be nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom