Carry at OKC Zoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically its property owned and operated by the OKC Zoo Trust where the City of OKC is a beneficiary. The property is also considered a botanical and zoological state park.

I have a zoo pass (wife, daughter and I). I carry almost 16/7, zoo included.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;"

You can take it to the zoo, but not in any of the above places in the zoo

These places do have gunbuster signs on them, (example..zoo friends office, gift shop.....)

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on how you define "conducting business." I for one don't consider my time at the zoo looking at animals as conducting business. I also do not believe the law on the books was meant to keep people from carrying specifically in buildings at the zoo, buildings at the fairgrounds, etc. But ultimately it doesn't matter what you or I think...it's what an arresting officer, prosecutor and judge/jury think.

Bryan

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody should know, unless I need it.

I'm sure if I have to use it, whether or not the zoo is out of bounds will be the least of my worries.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they know you're doing it then you're doing it wrong. That's my view.

My wife and I spent a weekend over there a few weeks ago and were going to go to the zoo but ended up not having the time. If we had gone I damn sure would've carried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom