Carry license expired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my carry license expired a couple of years ago but didn’t worry too much about it since we have constitutional carry. Now that I travel some out of state some I’d like to get it again. Have to retake the class and fingerprints?

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't look like you have to redo things. Just pay the money and get passport photo.

Handgun Licensing FAQ | Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation

"If your license will expire in the next 90 days or has expired no more than 3 years ago, you may apply online or you may take or mail your completed application, required fee and 2 passport style photos to:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Self-Defense Act Licensing Unit
6600 North Harvey Place
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Please visit the renewal page for complete instructions."

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this post and figured that I'd better check mine.......looks like I'm good til 3-3-2026 and I'll go ahead and renew when the time comes.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the ten year renewal regardless of constitutional carry is a good option. Now, some states don't honor Oklahoma carry gun laws. Before you travel, check the state and see.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah you have 3 years to renew after the expiration date before having to retake the class and test, if under the 3 years just do as normal renewing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't look like you have to redo things. Just pay the money and get passport photo.

Handgun Licensing FAQ | Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation

"If your license will expire in the next 90 days or has expired no more than 3 years ago, you may apply online or you may take or mail your completed application, required fee and 2 passport style photos to:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Self-Defense Act Licensing Unit
6600 North Harvey Place
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Please visit the renewal page for complete instructions."
You may apply on-line

BUT, all that does is get the paperwork started. Your license will not renew until mail-in your 2 photos, the paperwork and $$$$.

The on-line app really does very little.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may apply on-line

BUT, all that does is get the paperwork started. Your license will not renew until mail-in your 2 photos, the paperwork and $$$$.

The on-line app really does very little.
Mine wasn't expired but I took my own photos with my phone and attached them via online. Didn't have to mail anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom