Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you have to cough up a good chunk of change and be able to actually afford to take a day off from work. I had to take an unpaid day off for my class, spend $60 on the class, $100 for the app and something like $25 to the sheriff. Then wait about a quarter year, literally.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This gets probably posted here a dozen times a month. No case is required.

TITLE 21 § 1289.7 FIREARMS IN VEHICLES

Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section "open" means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's as I first stated then. You can carry a loaded rifle or shotgun (but no round chambered) and/or a fully loaded handgun ONLY if you have a carry permit.

But what about my last post regarding the castle doctrine law (HB1439)?

From the way that reads. Think of it this way. You carry it- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, magazine loaded but NOT chamber loaded. Somebody tries to break into your car while your sitting parked. you chamber a round and fire. Castle Doctrine SHOULD apply. Get out of your car and fire. Castle Doctrine DOES NOT APPLY! Driving down the road and fire. Castle Doctrine DOES NOT APPLY!
To drive down the street with a loaded and chambered Handgun you must have a permit. I don't think even Law Enforcement drives around with chamber loaded rifles and shotguns because of the chance it gets snagged on something while being pulled out and goes off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom