Marijuana card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theres an article on the net today
about some guy in Bartlesville being denied a carry permit because he has a marijuana card. Don't know how to copy and paste it from this crappy phone.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just another example of an alphabet agency ignoring established law and making up their own rules to satisfy an agenda. I guess when the feds decide to start confiscating guns they will be able to count on the OSBI to be shoulder to shoulder with them.

Stitt needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with the director of the OSBI and hand him a copy of the SB 631 then tell him to assign the azzclown who denied Berdolet his permit to night watchman at an abandoned toll booth.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think that anyone who has their card in OK would not be able to even buy a gun due to fed law in regard to drugs? I'm not an attorney and do not have a card. Just as I understood things, the state law means nothing when buying a gun. I suppose that guy could have already owned his before he got his card.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised the idiots in DC haven't already changed the law on marijuana.
The next presidential candidate that runs on the "I'll legalize bud across the country" is going to coast into office. Not much DC does surprises me anymore, but not making it legal at the federal level, does.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSBI is between a rock and a hard place.

Oklahoma law says that anyone who is “ineligible to possess a pistol due to any provision of law of this state or the United States Code” is ineligible for an SDA permit based on the mandatory preclusions.

Under United States Code, anyone who uses marijuana is a prohibited person (18-922 (g) 3).

Issuing a permit to someone who admits to using marijuana would require OSBI to ignore both state and federal law. That’s a slippery slope I suppose.

Vomar

Marksman
Reaction score
Yeah, echoing SMS, but as an FFL with a shop near a pot shop, they've warned me repeatedly that if I even suspect anyone of having a pot card, I can't sell them guns, ammo, primers, etc.
So, it's not up to the OSBI; this one's on the Fed. Pot is still federally illegal and a prohibiting factor in gun ownership. Frankly, if they ever decide to run the state prescription databases, everyone who has a pot prescription for any reason, could expect to have their guns and ammo confiscated. Legally. Many times the federal laws and state laws don't sync well, and the Fed always takes precedence.

I wish, just for the sake of my paperwork, and customers, someone would get the laws to line up with each other.
For what it's worth, the ATF (courteously) told me not to post signs saying "Don't let me see your pot card if you want a gun". They said it would look like I was encouraging illegal purchases. In the meantime, if I see your card, or a cloud rolling out of your car (yeah, that happened), I can't even sell you a box of bullets.

You certainly don't qualify for a carry permit of any kind.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, echoing SMS, but as an FFL with a shop near a pot shop, they've warned me repeatedly that if I even suspect anyone of having a pot card, I can't sell them guns, ammo, primers, etc.
So, it's not up to the OSBI; this one's on the Fed. Pot is still federally illegal and a prohibiting factor in gun ownership. Frankly, if they ever decide to run the state prescription databases, everyone who has a pot prescription for any reason, could expect to have their guns and ammo confiscated. Legally. Many times the federal laws and state laws don't sync well, and the Fed always takes precedence.

I wish, just for the sake of my paperwork, and customers, someone would get the laws to line up with each other.
For what it's worth, the ATF (courteously) told me not to post signs saying "Don't let me see your pot card if you want a gun". They said it would look like I was encouraging illegal purchases. In the meantime, if I see your card, or a cloud rolling out of your car (yeah, that happened), I can't even sell you a box of bullets.

You certainly don't qualify for a carry permit of any kind.
Never knew that you weren't even supposed to be allowed to buy ammo.

The "freedom" here is astounding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom