Casa Bonita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a Facebook page called "the lost restaurants of Tulsa" its crazy whats come and gone over the years. My family always ate at "po folks" at i44 and Peoria
Molly Murphy's was fun until you got your bill and there were multiple extra charges they hoped you wouldn't notice. They didn't last long with that business platform.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 60’s and early 70’s, I was attending SWSC at Weatherford. My roommate and two other friends made quite a few trips to OKC to Casa Bonita. IIRC, I think back then it was only around $2.50 to $3.50. Loved cheese enchiladas and guacamole. When the four of us started to chow down, the flag was never down and our waiter/waitress hardly ever got to any other tables. After stuffing ourselves, it was off to the OKC Fairgrounds Arena to take in a hockey game. I eventually got to make the CB in Tulsa a few times and made the CB in Denver one time. Those were the days. Does anyone else remember the other all you can eat Mexican food place, Pancho's?

Last edited:

mk23socom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is still a Ponchos in Mesquite, TX. It's just like you remember. Love the sopaipillas, I think we got 4 baskets first time we ate there.

Went to both Casa Bonita and Crystal's in Tulsa a bunch growing up.

Anybody remember Starbase 21 next to Casa Bonita in Tulsa?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 60’s and early 70’s, I was attending SWSC at Weatherford. My roommate and two other friends made quite a few trips to OKC to Casa Bonita. IIRC, I think back then it was only around $2.50 to $3.50. Loved cheese enchiladas and guacamole. When the four of us started to chow down, the flag was never down and our waiter/waitress hardly ever got to any other tables. After stuffing ourselves, it was off to the OKC Fairgrounds Arena to take in a hockey game. I eventually got to make the CB in Tulsa a few times and made the CB in Denver one time. Those were the days. Does anyone else remember the other all you can eat Mexican food place, Pancho's?
I loved Panchos. It was just a pain in the ass to get to. You had to take 240 west all the way down to OHP Troop A HQ and then come back east damn near 1/4 mile. But man, was it worth it!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is still a Ponchos in Mesquite, TX. It's just like you remember. Love the sopaipillas, I think we got 4 baskets first time we ate there.

Went to both Casa Bonita and Crystal's in Tulsa a bunch growing up.

Anybody remember Starbase 21 next to Casa Bonita in Tulsa?
I was a Trekkie back before there were Trekkies! Every time we went to Casa, I begged my folks to let me go.

I remember years ago when the Batman Knightfall saga started, i bought the parts 1 and 2 condensed versions there. It still angers me that all the damned Batman movies out there, none of them followed that story line properly. :grumble:

Batman497.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom