Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish the government would pay me to do an entirely anecdotal and admittedly inconclusive study that says we need another study. Must be nice.
You can bet ever one of them splifs would be rolled in a hunerd dollar bill.
Screw you, Mr. American taxpayer!
How much longer are we gonna stan still fer this shi+?

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correlation does not equal causation. It's just as plausible that the the reason the subjects smoke dope is because the have these brain abnormalities resulting in amotivation (aka slackassary).

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what study demonstrates what theory to be true or false. Proponents of getting stoned are going to get stoned, regardless. It's like smoking cigarettes and the warnings on each pack of smokes. They ignore it.

Does pot damage brain function? Does it matter? They're going to get stoned.

Just legalize the stuff, and all drugs, and let Darwin do his thing.

But that's just me.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correlation does not equal causation. It's just as plausible that the the reason the subjects smoke dope is because the have these brain abnormalities resulting in amotivation (aka slackassary).

That is possible and I also think they needed a much bigger test group. Even if this is following on previous studies, the data pool is just to small to be conclusive. I will have to read the full study when published tomorrow but I have read some of the previous studies and this does seem to fit the pattern.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting but...

The study tests brain changes in casual marijuana users and says they find serious changes.
The study then says these abnormalities cause a myriad of terrible things.
The study says these terrible things affect casual users in terrible ways.
The study doesn't actually test their subjects to see if their claims are true.
The study says these subjects, according to their testing, are suffering from these terrible issues.
The study doesn't actually test their subjects to prove their point during this study on this subject.

The study claims that casual marijuana users create brain abnormalities that cause serious psychological and cognitive problems.
The study doesn't actually test their subjects to come to this conclusion but they claim these results are the result of casual use...
but they don't bother to test them for these issues while testing their brain abnormalities...

Why would you not test the subject for the psychological and cognitive problems that you claim occur because of the brain abnormalities of this same subject? It's like testing to see if you get a tumor from snorting Pixie Stix, finding out that they do, claiming these tumors cause super strength and then not testing these tumor victims for super strength.

Nailed it in one.

"Published in a medical journal?" Big deal; so was the study linking vaccination to autism...and then, when real scientists started looking into it, the doc who wrote the original paper lost his medical license.

But hey, it was published in a medical journal!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simply put, if people convince themselves to smoke catshat, they will.

If some do-gooder thinks it is harmful, even if he doesn't smoke it, he will try to get the .gov to intervene on his behalf (see globowarming, pot, likker, cigarettes, fat burgers, biggie sodas, guns, light bulbs, turtles, baby seals, whales, and on and on and on..).

However, the libtards make up the most special group of do-gooders in this case. Chemically, the lung damage from any smoke seems consistent, regardless of source. House fire, catshat, pot, tobacco, brushfire, volcano, or whatever you burn.

Somehow, in all this, pot smoke good, other smoke bad. while I don't think this is the business of the guv, once again it defies ANY semblance of logic.

Maybe cheesing is the answer.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The doctor that released this "study" is widely considered a quack by his peers for his past escapades. His "SPECT" imaging has been called dangerous and reckless for the amount of radiation he unnecessarily subjects his patients to. This particular study has already been dismissed by the medical community as invalid and reckless. The doctor that released this study has had several incidents that ended with him being tracked by "Quack Watch", a group that identifies physicians that have flaked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom