Cheese thread....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm going to do that with my wife. Probably scrounge up some raw milk for the process.

I've never used raw milk, but have tried it with regular store bought and powdered. My best results are with powdered whole. I'm gonna try and Wax some of my next batch. See if I can get it to age and sharpen.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never used raw milk, but have tried it with regular store bought and powdered. My best results are with powdered whole. I'm gonna try and Wax some of my next batch. See if I can get it to age and sharpen.
I've read about people storing it with blue cheese and getting a really good blue mozzarella.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Mango-Ginger Stilton that they sell at Forward Foods.

Sam's has some ok cheese, but it is in massive blocks and nothing too far off the beaten path.

For the same price as a massive sam's block, I can get a little chunk of many different kinds at forward foods. plus taste it before I commit to buying it.

Only cheese I'm not really fond of is a really barn-yardy goat cheese.

Anthem: Cheese, glorious cheese

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy good cheeses as well...

I buy my Mexican cheeses at the Buy 4 Less on SW 29th and S May...Asadero, Oaxaca & Queso Blanco

But I have found an excellent, affordable selection of cheeses at the Buy 4 Less at NW HWY and N Portland

Some of my favorites from there so far...

Sun dried tomato and basil cheese...has been excellent toasted on ciabatta bread with some sliced kalamata olives

Baked cheese...excellent breakfast cheese with drizzle of honey

White stilton with blueberries...I put this in a spinach salad with strawberries, honey roasted pecans and strawberry vinegrete dressing

Latest posts

Top Bottom