Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did something the other night that turned out pretty well. Made some stroganoff and while I used turkey meat it is probably better to use a lean beef.

2 x 14.5 oz beef broth
2 pounds ground meat. (I used turkey and added some beef bullion powder to the meat)
2 x 8 oz canned mushrooms
1.5 cups water (a little less for firmer noodles)
1 16 ounce container sour cream
1 pound package of noodles (I used elbow)
Black pepper to taste

Brown and crumble meat, add everything else except the pasta in, including juice from the mushrooms. Bring to a boil then add pasta. Bring back to a boil while covered and then lower to a simmer for about 20 minutes stir every three minutes or so. Uncover, stir and simmer until the sauce is fairly thick if it isn't already. Turn off remove from heat let sit 10 minutes.

Simple one pot meal when you don't want to dirty a bunch of stuff. I literally browned the meat in the same pot that I cooked everything down in. The starch from the pasta will help to thicken the sauce with the sour cream and the broth and water will cook the noodles and absorb in. The only thing I would probably have done is add in some diced onion while I was browning the meat but it's optional.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something I've been doing lately "Sous Vide" sounds hoity toity/complicated, but actually very simple and easy. Works great for meats.
https://anovaculinary.com/

I know you're new here... a number of us have been on the sous vide bandwagon for a while. I've got several sous vide circulators and have experimented a lot.

Just picked up a metric ton of Prime steaks in Tulsa, gonna "fire up" the sous vide tomorrow evening. :D

gremmy11

Marksman
Reaction score
I am fond of cooking. My favorite dish is Masonic toasts. The recipe is not difficult.

INGREDIENTS:

1-Egg

1.Zucchini

1 package of milk

Flour-100 g

Garlic - 2 slices

Parsley - ½ bunch

Dill - ½ beam

1 Stale loaf

Beat the egg with milk, dip in a mixture of sliced zucchini, then flour, then fry it all in a skillet. Loaf of cut slices of bread and, in fact, to make French toast. Then lay out on them the fried slices of zucchini, sprinkle with finely chopped garlic and decorate with greens. No harm will put the soft cheese. Sometimes, I prepared snacks for my friends and took food in lunch boxes which I ordered on https://allinpackaging.co.uk/food-packaging/catering-containers/ what is your favorite food??

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you're new here... a number of us have been on the sous vide bandwagon for a while. I've got several sous vide circulators and have experimented a lot.

Just picked up a metric ton of Prime steaks in Tulsa, gonna "fire up" the sous vide tomorrow evening. :D
Thanks, so many threads/posts that it's hard to know what has been discussed in the past. BTW steaks 129 degrees for two hours seems like the sweet spot. :)

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any Fat Guy Club members here?

Go to Cantina Bravo here in Bethany and ask for the FGC menu and order a Fatass Burrito!!!

FB_IMG_1521943250111 (1).jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom