Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made some "bread pudding" in the microwave last week, and it was absolutely delicious. It was also stupid simple. :D

I used a medium can of crushed pineapple, and a larger can of plums (make sure any seeds/pits are removed if applicable). Also added a cup of sugar, and liberally applied cinnamon from a shaker. Your recipe may vary.

Any fruit should work and (believe it or not), can size doesn't matter. :D

I opened the cans of fruit in a casserole dish, and microwaved them until hot. I then added crumbled saltine crackers until they were slightly "soupy" and heated them again.

They were still soupy, so I added a stack of crumbled Ritz crackers (to achieve desired consistency) and heated them a bit longer.

Ya'll won't belive how delicious this was (reminded me of Mom's bread pudding when I was a kid). We ate the whole thing in several servings, and called it a meal. :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand bread pudding. I mean, ick. I've tried it a few times, but the texture of soggy mushy bread just makes me want to vomit. I don't understand why, but it's just... ugh.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand bread pudding. I mean, ick. I've tried it a few times, but the texture of soggy mushy bread just makes me want to vomit. I don't understand why, but it's just... ugh.
Huh. Soggy and mushy doesn't describe any bread pudding I've ever had. It's pretty firm when done right.

I guess biscuits and gravy must really freak ya out... :D

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, this was a real treat: The wife and I did this last night and it was very cool. "Unique" is a good way to describe it. Living Kitchen Farm Table Dinner, in Depew, OK. Here's the deal, these two ladies run this place called Living Kitchens Farm and Dairy; they have chickens, a big vegetable plot, greenhouses, milk goats, and the like. They are kinda like living the simple life and so on. The one lady was a chef in Seattle who decided she wanted to get closer to nature and all that jazz, so she moved to Oklahoma, bought this big old farm near Depew, and settled down growing stuff, mostly selling her produce and goat cheese at local Farmer's markets. She mentioned one in the Tulsa area called Cherry Street Market or something like that. Some of you guys up around there probably heard of it, and go there to buy your essential oils, candles, foaming bath soaps, organic peanut oil and stuff, I betcha. Anyway, she met this other somewhat mature hippie chick gal and they were making candles or goat soap or something, and they started doing these "Farm Table Dinners" out on the screened in back porch of this big old log cabin farm house place out there, and it has been going on now for some 14 years. The place seats 35 people, all at one great big long table. They do the dinners on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, from early April to just before Christmas. You have to go to their website and make your reservations well in advance to get a seat. Cost is $95 per person, and they do these extravagant, multi-course dinners, all around some kind of seasonal, or other type of theme. Dinner last night was called "Humble Pie", and it was a planned 9-course meal, with an additional 2 courses served as test courses, which they asked us to evaluate for possible inclusion in future menu's. I have provided a pic of the menu from the dinner below. So; if you need something really cool and different, go ye to the website in the link below and sign thyself and thine up. Is a great thing for a birthday, wedding anniversary, or even if you're just in the dog house and need to do something special to get out of it....
Here's the link to their website and then a pic of the menu. Also, a few pics of the place, and a few of the food items. Enjoy!
http://www.livingkitchenfarmanddairy.com/
46bb46d7939d96e5f63d6a08325b8ac6.jpg
895336e9f3ae55fb0bed85e4d4405b15.jpg
5d4325d602742bb77bdad820c08892d8.jpg
646c8f26d95f39b037daf19cd3f1c96c.jpg
5615d623360595a58b6eab986143e0fc.jpg
edd9cea1d595031522f34db6d12de28b.jpg
4d6f8d562efe2e3634d8eb1ff0658a72.jpg
a5bc698e2f39d96d3b2eb09a77c32038.jpg

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll pass. I couldn't ever get into paying through the nose for itty-bitty portions that were "dressed up."

I ate breakfast in a little place in Pahrump, NV this morning called, "Mom's Diner." Two huge pancakes, two eggs, and two slices of bacon for about $7.00. I couldn't finish the two huge pancakes, but I sure tried. However, I knew I would be driving back to Kanab today and didn't want to get sleepy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom