Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep dreamin’ CHenry. 😉😂😂 Truth be told it’s my great-grandmother’s recipe from probably 100 years ago and has been tweaked here and there by my grandma and mom. “Nama” was quite the woman. The real reason I don’t put beans in it is that I use it for more than chili and cornbread. I’ll make a double batch and save it in quart bags in the freezer to be used for lots of different things from chili dogs to believe it or not with spaghetti noodles. Wife thought I was nuts the first time I gave it to her but now when I ask if she wants her chili with beans or spaghetti it’s the noodles 95% of the time, just delicious. I have yet to serve it to someone who’s a cook that hasn’t asked for the recipe to which I answer “I’ll be happy to make it for you anytime” and give’m a big smile. I also like keeping it on hand to hand out to folks that could use help with dinner.
try it on a big heap of mashed potatoes too. One of my favorite stick to your ribs winter dishes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Keep dreamin’ CHenry. 😉😂😂 Truth be told it’s my great-grandmother’s recipe from probably 100 years ago and has been tweaked here and there by my grandma and mom. “Nama” was quite the woman. The real reason I don’t put beans in it is that I use it for more than chili and cornbread. I’ll make a double batch and save it in quart bags in the freezer to be used for lots of different things from chili dogs to believe it or not with spaghetti noodles. Wife thought I was nuts the first time I gave it to her but now when I ask if she wants her chili with beans or spaghetti it’s the noodles 95% of the time, just delicious. I have yet to serve it to someone who’s a cook that hasn’t asked for the recipe to which I answer “I’ll be happy to make it for you anytime” and give’m a big smile. I also like keeping it on hand to hand out to folks that could use help with dinner.
Excuses. Put your money where your mouth is lol.

I jest

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in Ohio putting chili on spaghetti noodles was a pretty common thing. There were/are even restaurants based on that concept - 3-way chili, 4-way chili, etc. Gold Star Chili was one chain and Skyline Chili was another that are still around. If you can believe it, they even put cinnamon and/or cocoa in their chili!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Back in Ohio putting chili on spaghetti noodles was a pretty common thing. There were/are even restaurants based on that concept - 3-way chili, 4-way chili, etc. Gold Star Chili was one chain and Skyline Chili was another that are still around. If you can believe it, they even put cinnamon and/or cocoa in their chili!
Chili on spaghetti is awesome. Toped with cheese on a bun and baked is how I roll

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Making ribeyes on my Blackstone since my Traeger is out of order for the time being…

7C40DFA3-0ED5-4EC1-8D02-1EA26F40DEFD.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom