Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just made a batch of salsa with cayenne and jalapenos from a friend. Added fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, onions, cilantro, a pinch of ghost pepper, and the 'secret' ingredient --- dill pickle juice. I can't understand why people buy this ready-made. Should get even hotter as the flavors blend! Muy delicioso!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they're skinned already, too, you're totally set, man.

So I go to Costco in Tulsa today......full pork bellies, and the ones they have sliced are about 3/8' thick.
I bought a pack of the sliced, and later at Academy bought some bacon cure, so I guess I'll give them a shot at making thick cut bacon.
Every time I go there they have different cuts.
I guess I could ask the butcher for a thick cut, but we were on a tight schedule.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The result, Shrimp Scampi with only half a zucchini:

Attachments

• scampi.jpg
    scampi.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 102

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an experiment today. Prime brisket aged about 7 weeks (maybe as much as 9 depending on accuracy of packing date), trimmed, salted, seasoned/rubbed, then smoked super low for 3 hours, vacuum sealed and has been in the sous vide now for about 42 hours at 144°F.

I'll take it out, rapidly chill it down, then dry it off, add some rub again and toss it back in the smoker around 350°F for 2-3 hours to get some more smoke and set the bark.

It should be incredible.... teeth optional, is my guess!

Latest posts

Top Bottom