Dallas Texas impound law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I like having the freedom to travel without showing my papers "all the time everywhere."

So, are you having to show your papers "all the time everywhere?"

Shoot, I can't even remember the last time I was checked somewhere. Oh, wait...

...yeah, I had to show my driver's license and National Park Senior Pass together when going into either Zion, Bryce Canyon, or Grand Canyon national parks. What a guy has to go through just to get into the parks for free.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are you having to show your papers "all the time everywhere?"

Shoot, I can't even remember the last time I was checked somewhere. Oh, wait...

...yeah, I had to show my driver's license and National Park Senior Pass together when going into either Zion, Bryce Canyon, or Grand Canyon national parks. What a guy has to go through just to get into the parks for free.
Any kind of roadside "check" is against your constitutional rights Terry.
And they are doing it all the time. I've been stopped a number of time just to see if I was breaking any laws.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I like having the freedom to travel without showing my papers "all the time everywhere."

I drove from Stillwater to Tulsa and back every workday for ten years and in all that time I had exactly two contacts with LEOs. Both were OHP; one I helped stomp out a grass fire on the side of the road and one stopped to ask if I needed help when I freed a buck that’d gotten its hind leg stuck in the center median barrier cable. So, in roughly half a million miles of driving I talked with LEOs only twice and not once did they ask for my papers… I don’t think we have any freedom issues there. I doubt it’s changed since I moved to Sand Springs last fall.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove from Stillwater to Tulsa and back every workday for ten years and in all that time I had exactly two contacts with LEOs. Both were OHP; one I helped stomp out a grass fire on the side of the road and one stopped to ask if I needed help when I freed a buck that’d gotten its hind leg stuck in the center median barrier cable. So, in roughly half a million miles of driving I talked with LEOs only twice and not once did they ask for my papers… I don’t think we have any freedom issues there. I doubt it’s changed since I moved to Sand Springs last fall.
lmao....really?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lmao....really?

Really? lmao????

like rlongnt, I too have had minimal contact with police officers, and the times I did, it was because I was speeding. Let's see, one was back in the '70's when I was driving 18-wheelers, and the other was a couple of years ago in Wyoming when I was speeding on I-80.

I started driving (legally) in 1960 with a motor scooter and a car in 1962. In ALL of those years, I might have been stopped at a "checkpoint" twice, but I can only really remember one stop.

Oh, and a number of those years of driving was while driving professionally in various sizes of trucks in various states.

What's your record of stops?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? lmao????

like rlongnt, I too have had minimal contact with police officers, and the times I did, it was because I was speeding. Let's see, one was back in the '70's when I was driving 18-wheelers, and the other was a couple of years ago in Wyoming when I was speeding on I-80.

I started driving (legally) in 1960 with a motor scooter and a car in 1962. In ALL of those years, I might have been stopped at a "checkpoint" twice, but I can only really remember one stop.

Oh, and a number of those years of driving was while driving professionally in various sizes of trucks in various states.

What's your record of stops?

Ponca City has “safety checks” all the time. Usually late at night.
We call them revenue generation stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bingo, Terry, get off the interstates and drive in town later in the evening on a weekend and you'll eventually find the gestapo check point.
I've been stopped probably 4 times. Always in town (they cant back up interstate traffic for this) and usually after dark on a weekend but not always. I have been stopped mid afternoon but I was also leaving a venue where there was likely to be drinking (boat races). They pick their locals based on the probability of drinking activities and call it a "insurance check stop". BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom