Dave Ramsey clip that seems like the typical American story right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

- Expensive as **** truck payment ✅
- Ex wife who wants more than she's entitled to ✅
- Obvious signs of "gotta have something new and shiny to feel good about life" for both parties ✅
- No money in savings ✅

Just sad.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep. You’ll get some hate from some forum members about Dave Ramsey. I’m a financial coach thru my church and I’ve had 2 sessions in the last week with people in similar situations. Credit card debt is at an all time high, student loan payments have resumed, and many people are struggling. Just FYI for anyone reading this. PM me if I can try to help with your situation. I don’t charge a cent. If you’re a veteran, Ramsey is offering free Financial Peace online or in person classes thru the 15th. $79.95 is the normal rate.

chime on in now haters. 😂

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me many, many years to figure out vehicles were fun but not an asset. You just tear them up and they're never worth what you paid. Anytime you spend money on a vehicle you're throwing it out the window. Better do it once, pay for it all, and be done until the tires fall off. That's the only way to get your money's worth out of a vehicle.

Now I drive only used cars, paid cash for them all, and all of them have "million mile" engines that have a proven track record. Right now I've got 5 in the herd. Me and the better half drive two, one is for heavy lifting, and one is a backup in case one of the others needs wrenching on, and the last is a classic I spoiled myself with.

I haven't made a car payment since about 1999, and you couldn't twist my arm to get another one. Poor people make poor decisions and stay poor, which makes your health poor. Don't poor. That's my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I bought a new car recently but was fortunate enough to be able to pay cash with my trade in. Probably should have bought one a couple of years old but got new car fever. I understand the allure of a new vehicle They’re nice to drive but not a very smart investment, especially with a huge payment. Interest on new cars is high as well. Honda offered me 3.9 for 36 months and an additional 1 % for each additional year financing. I was bantering with the finance guy and he told me they finance up to 72 months!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was bantering with the finance guy and he told me they finance up to 72 months!
They've been offering 72 month term car loans for nearly 30 years now. 60 months wasn't uncommon when I bought my first new car in '92.

As expensive as the stupid things are, I'm surprised nobody is offering 30 year mortgages on them now. I think the average new car price is more than my folks paid for a brand new 1600sqft house in an up and coming addition back in '73.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... I think the average new car price is more than my folks paid for a brand new 1600sqft house in an up and coming addition back in '72.

I paid $105k many years ago for my house w/30yr mortgage. It's pretty easy to find a vehicle these days for more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom