Dave Ramsey clip that seems like the typical American story right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A brand new 2024 civic sport touring hatchback in royal red, black interior. My credit isn’t very good and I was upside down in my previous loan but they let me roll it over, and even let me finance the dealer market adjustment. I did it all smart though, my loan term is only 48 months, as I dont want it hanging over my head.
78,720. when it’s paid off. Better drive it until the paint falls off.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure he would say that it’s not the best idea in the world, but if you can pay cash for it (which he did), it’s ok.

If you have a perfectly good vehicle....... and your cash is making ~4.5%..... rather.... its SHOULD be making that..... I dunno. DR might be a little pissy about that.

Just saying, this is a DR thread and this is one of the worst markets to buy a new car that's happened in quite some time. Just struck me funny.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A brand new 2024 civic sport touring hatchback in royal red, black interior. My credit isn’t very good and I was upside down in my previous loan but they let me roll it over, and even let me finance the dealer market adjustment. I did it all smart though, my loan term is only 48 months, as I dont want it hanging over my head.

Damn son, you'd better drive that till the wheels fall off. Good looking cars though.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WTF!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
78,720. when it’s paid off. Better drive it until the paint falls off.

Damn son, you'd better drive that till the wheels fall off. Good looking cars though.

Everything is getting more expensive guys, it happens. If you know how to leverage your equity/finances, you can afford a lot more than you realize. Most of my car payment is taken care by my mortgage company. Last car I had to pay out of my paycheck. Not anymore. Now I can afford new, and only have to work part time.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father grew up during the great depression. I grew up listening to his stories. Save up and pay cash for your vehicles. Money "in the bank" means freedom.
Ramsey does a lot of good in helping people learn to control their spending. Do not listen to his investing advice.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is getting more expensive guys, it happens. If you know how to leverage your equity/finances, you can afford a lot more than you realize. Most of my car payment is taken care by my mortgage company. Last car I had to pay out of my paycheck. Not anymore. Now I can afford new, and only have to work part time.
how does one do this... im curious...

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s called a reverse mortgage. If you have a good mortgage company they’re usually really happy to help you understand how great it is.

so loose value on the solid asset, to obtain a depreciating asset that wasnt of necessity? or am i missing something.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s called a reverse mortgage. If you have a good mortgage company they’re usually really happy to help you understand how great it is.
I'm calling BS. Now you're just having fun on the forum. A reverse mortgage is the worst financial product on the market next to a HELOC

Latest posts

Top Bottom