Decided on the 1911 I want

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did my research and had narrowed my search for the 1911 45 to 3 guns. After shooting my buddies last weekend, I was sold.
Kimber Desert Warrior SOC 45. It's gorgeous and shoots lights out. Threaded barrel, crimson trace laser, suppressor night sights and so on. Two tone dark earth over dark green is a knock out.
The clincher was shooting about 500 rounds through one (exactly like it) of my buddies (his ammo...YEA!) without a single flaw. Took it out to 50 yards with great results and spun the crap out of some steel targets at 12 yds.
Here's a picture I got from the net to give you an idea of how cool this looks (at least to me)
Kimber SOC.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking and great shooting gun!
Shot it with and without the suppressor. I could really dig a suppressor. His was a silencero (SP?) that had adapters for his 308/5.56 and 45. Nice but the suppressor did cover up the poi even with the suppressor sights. Took just a coupe of shots to get it down and then just ran wild.
It was really cool shooting the 5.56 and 308 without ears. He had loaded a box of subsonic loads in the 308 but would not cycle the bolt. Not enough pressure to push down the gas tube. Put the supersonic in and just got the crack.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful, right up to the malignant growth in front of the trigger guard!! I know,I know lasers are great and all that but I personally would not have one on my 1911. My Taurus 809 no problem it is already putting the ug in ugly, 1911 is a drool worthy sexy beast who needs not be tactically enhanced........... :cool: just my worthless 2 pennies. Besides with the badass 45 acp you don't even have to hit the target, all that sexy hollow pointed jacketed metal flying any where near the bad guy will skeer em to death........... Back to my regularly scheduled Friday nite drinking!!1:sunbath::drunk5:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the first generation Kimber Warriors. Fantastic weapon, reliable and very accurate. Mine had an Insight light/laser hanging off the rail. A superb gun!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful, right up to the malignant growth in front of the trigger guard!! I know,I know lasers are great and all that but I personally would not have one on my 1911. My Taurus 809 no problem it is already putting the ug in ugly, 1911 is a drool worthy sexy beast who needs not be tactically enhanced........... :cool: just my worthless 2 pennies. Besides with the badass 45 acp you don't even have to hit the target, all that sexy hollow pointed jacketed metal flying any where near the bad guy will skeer em to death........... Back to my regularly scheduled Friday nite drinking!!1:sunbath::drunk5:
Laser? Hell I thought it was a garage door opener....:eek2:
I didn't like or dislike them before. Great thing is you can take them off. Ha. When the light was getting low, it's pretty neat.
How about the color? I think it's a stunner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom