Decided on the 1911 I want

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used mine in Competitions, and One doesn't use jam o matics when your looking to win.
A guy at my local range, competes with a great 1911 setup and he's never had a problem. He's damn good too. He shoots every day using multiple targets/distances/setups and his mag changes are remarkable. I've learned a few things watching him compete and hope to do some soon but not at that level.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you buddy. I guess, as an act of kindness, I'll take those lousy 22's off your hand. No need to thank me.
PS. Make sure that one is unloaded. Every Time I look at it, it goes off.

That certainly is charitable of you to try to help the poor fellow out. But, that one .22 rifle he has that I got to shoot only required the slightest exhalation of breath to cause the thing to fire. Heck, I think it's set so when you just begin to move your trigger finger inside the trigger guard it goes bang. (Actually it goes "Pew").

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty pistol for sure. Just had a friend with a Scorpion have the entire pistol replaced due to many malfunctions. Another friend had to have his slide replaced on his carry Kimber.

Always heard story's, but damn'd if I'll own one after the only 2 buddy's of mine that have one have a major problems. Hope yours you get runs like a champ.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That certainly is charitable of you to try to help the poor fellow out. But, that one .22 rifle he has that I got to shoot only required the slightest exhalation of breath to cause the thing to fire. Heck, I think it's set so when you just begin to move your trigger finger inside the trigger guard it goes bang. (Actually it goes "Pew").

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha. When I shot it I think all I had to do is say BOO.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty pistol for sure. Just had a friend with a Scorpion have the entire pistol replaced due to many malfunctions. Another friend had to have his slide replaced on his carry Kimber.

Always heard story's, but damn'd if I'll own one after the only 2 buddy's of mine that have one have a major problems. Hope yours you get runs like a champ.
I don't get that. We punished his Kimber running mag after mag with no problems. Going out today and shoot it again. Plan on doing the same torture test (except running my ammo this time). Picking up a variety of ammo from cheap to hollow points and see what happens.
Everything goes well, I'll order it Tuesday.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kimbers are a fine weapon. Many thousands of rounds through mine with no issues at all. There are lots of Kimber haters in the world, but most of them do not own a Kimber... I dislike Colts (too proud to come to the average man's table), my dad dislikes Rugers as he had a bad experience with a P-89, wife won't shoot my Springfield Trophy match but has her own G21, @druryj swears by his ruger 1911, I would not own one... So YMMV, but your choice is a great weapon to someone..... PS - got a good buddy on here that has a hi-point on the dresser as a HD weapon, it is all in the eye of the owner. Buy the gun @steelfingers, it is a classic.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimbers are a fine weapon. Many thousands of rounds through mine with no issues at all. There are lots of Kimber haters in the world, but most of them do not own a Kimber... I dislike Colts (too proud to come to the average man's table), my dad dislikes Rugers as he had a bad experience with a P-89, wife won't shoot my Springfield Trophy match but has her own G21, @druryj swears by his ruger 1911, I would not own one... So YMMV, but your choice is a great weapon to someone..... PS - got a good buddy on here that has a hi-point on the dresser as a HD weapon, it is all in the eye of the owner. Buy the gun @steelfingers, it is a classic.
Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom