Demand letter from mortgage co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a demand letter from the co. that services my mortgage today threatening foreclosure for a default pertaining to the terms of my mtg. They said I had not paid my 2011 property tax and if not paid in the next 15 days they would proceed with the action. I tried to explain that tax statements don't go out until Nov. 2011 and that property taxes are paid in arrears, they said they had never heard this before and unless I paid the county treasurer they had no choice but to start the foreclosure. My response was to go right ahead. Anyone else ever had this happen? I have 38yrs in the real estate industry and know my way around. This is going to be fun.

Last edited:

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a demand letter from the co. that services my mortgage today threatening foreclosure for a default pertaining to the terms of my mtg. They said I had not paid my 2011 property tax and if not paid in the next 15 days they would proceed with the action. I tried to explain that tax statements don't go out until Nov. 2011 and that property taxes are paid in the rears, they said they had never heard this before and unless I paid the county treasurer they had no choice but to start the foreclosure. My response was to go right ahead. Anyone else ever had this happen? I have 38yrs in the real estate industry and know my way around. This is going to be fun.

This makes no sense at all. WTF

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mortgage companies are desperate now. They're terrified of losing any more money. stick to your guns. Get a letter from the county assessor's office stating your taxes are current and paid in full as of this date.

Then tell 'em to pound sand and take you to court. Then the judge can reprimand them and award you punitive damages for a frivolous lawsuit. :D

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mortgage companies are desperate now. They're terrified of losing any more money. stick to your guns. Get a letter from the county assessor's office stating your taxes are current and paid in full as of this date.

Then tell 'em to pound sand and take you to court. Then the judge can reprimand them and award you punitive damages for a frivolous lawsuit. :D

That's the plan, already got the letter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom