Democrats want to reverse law and make kids wear masks in school.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Looks kind of like the same evidence used to prove the election was stolen from Trump.

You got any statistical data from any reputable source that proves that kids who were masked had more sickness than kids who were not masked from covid ?

Not interested in a long list of anecdotal he said....she said from a bunch of people that can not be vetted or checked out. Where is data and statistics from the CDC that proves it ?

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just talking about rates for school kids that wore masks vs kids that didn't never seen any data on that.

masks that people constantly touch, then touch everything else and then take off and set on the table and then put back on over and over and over. All they do is spread disease.

As far as infection rates and mask mandates. Just go look at the dates of the mandates and the infection rates. Masks actually harm.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
masks that people constantly touch, then touch everything else and then take off and set on the table and then put back on over and over and over. All they do is spread disease.

As far as infection rates and mask mandates. Just go look at the dates of the mandates and the infection rates. Masks actually harm.
so you have no data about kids in school either it appears

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you have no data about kids in school either it appears

As you know hard data is rather difficult to find on anything covid related. Here's my logic on masks and maybe you can tell me how it's flawed. The severity of covid is related to the viral load received, correct? Masks supposedly help stop the spread, therefore must catch some virus, right? So, is an infected covid kid not basically huffing the covid and increasing their viral loading?

Also, while I'm against mask mandates, I'm also against the state saying a school can't require masks. I think it should be handled at the local level.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As you know hard data is rather difficult to find on anything covid related. Here's my logic on masks and maybe you can tell me how it's flawed. The severity of covid is related to the viral load received, correct? Masks supposedly help stop the spread, therefore must catch some virus, right? So, is an infected covid kid not basically huffing the covid and increasing their viral loading?

Also, while I'm against mask mandates, I'm also against the state saying a school can't require masks. I think it should be handled at the local level.
I understand and appreciate your viewpoint. But, supposedly they have said that it is not spread as easily by children. I'm just wondering why we don't have some real, statistically supportable and evaluated data and provable conclusions since I'm pretty sure we have data about masked from the US and I think there are some Scandinavian countries that had kids in school that did not mask. You would think the smart people in our CDC and medical community would be able to provide some fact based guidance on this issue. Otherwise, its just all conjecture and emotion on both sides.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand and appreciate your viewpoint. But, supposedly they have said that it is not spread as easily by children. I'm just wondering why we don't have some real, statistically supportable and evaluated data and provable conclusions since I'm pretty sure we have data about masked from the US and I think there are some Scandinavian countries that had kids in school that did not mask. You would think the smart people in our CDC and medical community would be able to provide some fact based guidance on this issue. Otherwise, its just all conjecture and emotion on both sides.
The messaging on all this from the CDC is ridiculously bad IMO. They've created a huge credibility hole that I'm not sure can be overcome, at least for a big swath of the population.

I've dug in on trying find valid science and data on various things over the last 18 months and that endeavor can be VERY frustrating.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The messaging on all this from the CDC is ridiculously bad IMO. They've created a huge credibility hole that I'm not sure can be overcome, at least for a big swath of the population.

I've dug in on trying find valid science and data on various things over the last 18 months and that endeavor can be VERY frustrating.
Thus you go with observation and common sense. Go watch people and especially kids, for a while and how much they touch their mask and faces (and other mask behaviors) then touch everything around them and then back to the mask and face and tell me it doesn't do anything other than spread disease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom