Diploma held over the word "Hell" during a speech...Crazy Power Trip.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? You think he should lose his job? That seems WAY excessive. Am I the only one that thinks there's a lesson to be learned in the kid writing the apology? In life you can in fact do whatever you want but there are always principles & school boards in life that are going to correct you if you step out of bounds. This whole story sounds way too theatrical, this same situation plays out at several graduations every year it's just usually the kid does what is asked, gets a diploma & it's not a news story. I don't know that the kid learns anything of value if the school board caves, it's not like she can stand her ground when she's in the wrong in the real world & have things go her way. If she's at work one day, says something inappropriate in a meeting & gets written up she can't refuse to sign the write up & have things go her way - if this played out in the work place she'd just get fired. Defiance has it's place, but not when you intentionally cross boundaries.

If she gets written up, she is not required to sign anything. At most, the "writing up" party can sign it themselves and document that she refused to sign the write up.

Of course, she can do the same and write up the powers that be and ask them to sign or she can write up a counter argument to why she was written up.

It may not "go her way", but not everything in life does, as this may teach her.

My advice to her would be "Get your GED and then say FA Q to the system"

Dave

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She doesn't need a GED, she has graduated from an accredited Oklahoma High School as is reflected by her HS transcript.

The diploma serves no purpose but to hang on the wall.

Dig your heels in sweetheart.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife informs me that this was a paraphrase of a monologue from the "Twilight" movies. If that is the case, then that is reason enough to withhold a diploma from a valedictorian, IMHO. How about quoting a classic novel or poem. I'm not sure what's most embarrassing about this little tale. Smartest kid in Prague.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I saw on the news she's going to SWOSU...

If she's already enrolled in college, why does she need a diploma? College Degree ⇒ High school graduate. Hell, I don't even know where my high school diploma is. Maybe my parents will find it in my old closet when they move, lol.

Also, based on the interview, if she's the valedictorian, I'm not that surprised the faculty is this dumb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom