Does anyone eat fruitcake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many run of the mill fruitcakes would best be run over by a dozer and buried deep. With a good fruitcake it's best to refrigerate before cutting and serving. The very best fruitcakes I've enjoyed so far were soaked for a couple months in brandy while wrapped with cheesecloth inside a plastic bay.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is National Fruitcake Day!

I remember trying fruitcake when I was in grade school, and it was alright, but I don't think I've had it since then.

Does anyone here have fruitcake around the holidays?
I actually enjoy the Fruitcake Logs....about 2"x2"x8".....found at WalMart...$4.00 this year. Need to go tomorrow to finish stocking up before they are gone for the year. Last until around June...... BINGO....see post #22.......and smart man.....:) :) :)

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ate fruit cake a few times earlier in life that came out of a holiday tin can and it was always dry so for many years I avoided the stuff.

A couple of years ago Wally World had some around Christmas that was sort of in a log shape and pre sliced so we thought we'd give it a try and we really like it.......it's seasonal but is moist and has lots of fruit and nuts in it.

View attachment 242714
You and me bud!! I used to help grandma make fruitcake. OMG what a production. I’d bet it was 100# or more every year and mostly because she had customers for it. There is a place or used to be where you could buy Grandma’s Fruitcake (google it). It was expensive but Mmm
Mmmm good

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1641120049223.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom