Does It Come On All Of A Sudden? Arthritis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It rained tonight is everyone feeling okay?

Tonight yes for the first time in several days I can breath. I actualy feel pretty good. I still ache in my body but its not as bad as it has been.

I am one of the odd ones that feel better when the pressure drops rather than increases. The last few days the pressure has been reading 30.29 or a little higher, its been killing me.

Theres also a elevated risk of heart attacks, around 12% or so.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Everything I hurt playing sports does. Ankle, shoulder, wrist, hands/fingers anytime it rains or is cold with the exception of my hands, that's pretty much year around since about 48yo. If I do any kind of mechanic work on a vehicle or skin a deer, the next few days are really rough. There are worse things to have have though. The low carb/no carb is 100% accurate, it definitely helps.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be that person, too. All I'm saying is don't let yourself get caught with your pants down. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say there are levels of pain that, when endured over a period of time, will cause you to willingly eat a bullet no matter how tough you think you are right now.
I drove to Little Rock one week, worked three days, and drove back. All the time I was in serious pain. I had a neck fusion the next week and when I awakened, I never knew how much pain I was really in because I didn't have it anymore.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 72, I love to hike on our travels, and like to cook. Both of which require standing for long periods of time. Started getting pain in the hips that would radiate up into the back. Thought it was muscle but after a battery of tests at the VA, it was determined to be arthritis in the hips.
When it gets to hurting, it just takes a minute of sitting down to make it go away and good for another hour or two.
I didn't think it was anything big deal, just getting older, but the VA scheduled MRI's, and now visits to pain management and physical therapy that can be done at home that I did Tuesday.
The physical therapy guy really knew what he was doing. PHD in the field, but right at the beginning of the interview, he had on a mask. The only person in the VA hospital to have one on that I saw.
He fumbled around in his desk and said before we get started, I needed a mask for his protection and mine.
My response was that a mask puts me in a panic attack, and I start hurting those around me. (not really) Ended that discussion and we went on with the session.
There he is with a full beard, mask on top of the beard that cannot be sealed questioning me about his safety and mine. Fawking control idiot liberal POS.
His suggestion of therapy was solid though. Could actually feel the difference after the finish of the session.
Pain management next Monday at the VA. Why, I don't know as it doesn't hurt that bad and is manageable by me, and don't take anything for it, but they wanted to schedule it. Great reason to visit some gun shops and Cabella's to look for a holster for the new FN-502.
The advice above about Naproxen is solid. That stuff will mess up your gut health.
Any ansaid if used to much or too long will damage the Kidneys.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My arthritis came on fast in my hands and shoulders last December,right before I retired. Went to a arthritis doctor immediately.She put me on Sulfasalazine and Meloxicam. Worked wonders. I'm still achy a little,But I can still do everything I want, like mowing and washing the car. But most importantly, shoot and clean my firearms.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove to Little Rock one week, worked three days, and drove back. All the time I was in serious pain. I had a neck fusion the next week and when I awakened, I never knew how much pain I was really in because I didn't have it anymore.

Right?? I had the same experience with my neck fusion. Doctors say that patients tend to overstate their pain. I dunno. EVERYBODY I know tends to understate their pain levels. I think doctors don't wanna do the paperwork that goes with having a patient in pain management. Because it IS onerous. But then insurance companies and .gov interference has made EVERYTHING onerous these days so ... 🤷🤷🤷 Get a good secretary and get on with it.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can guarantee a lot of doctors don't want to go the extra mile. Orthopedic surgeon doing my shoulder surgery wouldn't help with home therapy. Left to try and do therapy by myself at home after rotator cuff surgery.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wet weather rolled in last night, I ate 600mg of ibuprofin when I went to bed bù now I am hurting today. I just took a 30 minute shower as hot as I could stand in.
Arthur is a jerk
I can only hope it is the wet ana cooler weather. As for Naproxyn, it is literally a killer. My son had severe migraines so bad that he took that stuff and his liver failed...

I've had a partial knee and now they say I need a total. I've had left shoulder replaced and it failed and now my right shoulder is bone-on-bone. If my luck were milk, it'd turn to clabber.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only hope it is the wet ana cooler weather. As for Naproxyn, it is literally a killer. My son had severe migraines so bad that he took that stuff and his liver failed...

You know, I have NO idea how I am still up and walking around (tree attacks aside) and fairly healthy for my age. I have been taking NSAIDs by the handfuls since I was a kid. I remember being 6 and 7 years old and taking 4, sometimes more Bayer Aspirin at a time. And 3 and 4 times a day for migraine headaches (didn't know they were migraine at the time. Just "a headache".)

I graduated to adding in Tylenol and Aleve when they hit the market. (Notice I didn't say switched to, but ADDED. 🤷) When Excedrin Migraine came along it actually helped so I backed off everything else but I still was taking 5 or 6 doses of 2 pills at a time a day. Yep. Every 24 hour period. For years.

Pain management has allowed me to REALLY cut back on the OTC stuff. And every once in a while now my liver enzymes will be elevated (always when I've had a bad month pain wise and leaned on the OTC stuff a little more than I should).

One of the MANY reasons I've willed my body to science. Lol I have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. And ALL my doctors do, too! 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom