Does It Come On All Of A Sudden? Arthritis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been active all of my life and worked like a machine on when I was younger. I worked circles around co-workers and received the same pay. I'll admit, I havent taken car eof my body as well as some have but lately, my knees have given out, shoulders hurt, ankles hurt, I've had a couple of joint replacements but now I'm hobbling around and I don't like it at all.
Does arthritis come on all of a sudden? I've ached before due to arthritis but at eighty it hit hard on the body.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad used to rub his hands in front of a space heater WHILE he was doing surgeries. His hands hurt THAT bad. He finally retired -- not because he couldn't do the work mentally but because he couldn't hold a scalpel.

I starting having that deep ache in my left thumb when I was 35, 37 or so. Have noticed my right hand is starting to have that ache.

He also had arthritis in his back so bad his buddy (an MD) told him he he needed to specialize in hummingbirds if he wanted to practice veterinary medicine past 40. Before I turned 18 and left home he was already so down in his back it was all he could do to sit still in his chair while us kids pulled his boots off of him. You never saw the man that he wasn't chewing in a handful of Bayer aspirin and BC Powder. I have no idea how he wasn't eat up with ulcers.

My back wasn't bad until my accident. None of my MRIs showed any arthritic changes. Well not until AFTER the tree and I tangled up. Now nearly every vertebrae in my spine is showing some level of arthritis. Coincidence?? Maybe, but I kinda doubt it.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rheumatoid can hit at any age (mine at 30, 21 years ago), osteoarthritis tends to be older although I have that too. My osteo is mainly in my spine, which sucks. The rheumatoid and psoriatic is everywhere else. My grandmother once told me that the first 80 years are great, but after that is down hill. She lasted till about 97 or so.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to make fun of and call bullsheet to the old timers who could predict the weather by how their legs would ache.

Then, about 4 years ago, I became one of them. :grumble:

Yeah, arthritis is an ugly beyotch. I usually switch off 800mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a day or 1000mg neoproxin-sodium other days. I'm always hobbling around. Of course, being 100+ pounds overweight doesn't help much. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom