Does It Come On All Of A Sudden? Arthritis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm prepping myself for it to hit me. Both my parents had it bad. For me, my hands are what bother me the most. Especially starting work at 0500 and banging my hands with sockets and wrenches when it is pretty cold these mornings. Maybe in a few years I'll have to get myself one of those Girsan tip up barrel 380's to carry.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to make fun of and call bullsheet to the old timers who could predict the weather by how their legs would ache.

Then, about 4 years ago, I became one of them. :grumble:

Yeah, arthritis is an ugly beyotch. I usually switch off 800mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a day or 1000mg neoproxin-sodium other days. I'm always hobbling around. Of course, being 100+ pounds overweight doesn't help much. :rolleyes2

Need to be wary of that Naproxyn --- it's a kidney killer. I'm in my 2nd remission of kidney disease. First remission took 6 months of high dose steriods. The 2nd remission took 18 months. I doubt a third would happen. I don't even look at a Naproxyn bottle nowdays.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rheumatoid can hit at any age (mine at 30, 21 years ago), osteoarthritis tends to be older although I have that too. My osteo is mainly in my spine, which sucks. The rheumatoid and psoriatic is everywhere else. My grandmother once told me that the first 80 years are great, but after that is down hill. She lasted till about 97 or so.

She sounds like a sweetie!! 😁

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to make fun of and call bullsheet to the old timers who could predict the weather by how their legs would ache.

Then, about 4 years ago, I became one of them. :grumble:

Yeah, arthritis is an ugly beyotch. I usually switch off 800mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a day or 1000mg neoproxin-sodium other days. I'm always hobbling around. Of course, being 100+ pounds overweight doesn't help much. :rolleyes2

Yep. Be careful what you make fun of. That stuff will come back to bite you in the ass. (Yes, I am also speaking from experience here. 😉)

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine came on gradually. Did the “rooster comb” shots in one knee for a couple of years until that no longer helped, so TKR on that knee. The other one followed the same pattern a couple of years later. For the last year, I have been dealing with it in my right (shooting) hand. I have reached the point where most handguns are very painful to shoot, in any caliber. Seems to be a function of the grip characteristics.

So, long way of saying that it seems like it starts long before we know it, and gradually develops until intervention is necessary.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need to be wary of that Naproxyn --- it's a kidney killer. I'm in my 2nd remission of kidney disease. First remission took 6 months of high dose steriods. The 2nd remission took 18 months. I doubt a third would happen. I don't even look at a Naproxyn bottle nowdays.
And naproxen is what is usually prescribed around here.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get back on my extra low carb diet since I took a break for Thanksgiving, but now my knees and back fight me with every step. It's amazing how much inflammation changes with your diet.

I was JUST talking to Grumpy about this very thing. I started my 72 hour fast today at 1. Might try to make it 5 days. Just gonna see how I feel. Then I'll eat carnivore again.

I was amazed at what a difference eating no carb made for me. I just kinda toyed with eating low/no carb for a few weeks before Thanksgiving. My break from it since Thanksgiving day has shown me exactly how much difference if makes in my pain levels -- and it is significant.

I do not see me eating carbs much from this point forward, unless they are in the form of veggies like broccoli, cauliflower or beets or leafy greens. Stuff like that. And I'll only do that occasionally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom