Dog attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GM your wrong, we owned a pitt and I loved him. He belonged to my cousin who lived with my Grandparents. When he couldn't take the dog with him and my Grandmother was going to move in with us, my cousin was even going to put him down so there would be no chance of him ever being fought. To keep the dog form being put down my Dad took it in. It occupied every minute of our day watching that dog. The breed is unpredictable, my best friend(and when I say best friend, he was named after my Dad) after him being over every day for 2 years spending as much time as I was. Duke tried to attach him, he did the same with me. A few minutes later he was your best friend. This is an on going pattern. From a Vet on the News, Pitt Bull Dogs are not the dog that bites more people each year, that title belongs to the German Shepherd. Pitts don't bite, they attach. There exception to every rule, some are great dogs but they just can't be trusted. and I agree just about every time I see a pitt some Maggot is behind it on a chain. There is just something wrong with the breed, not just the owners.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GM your wrong, we owned a pitt and I loved him. He belonged to my cousin who lived with my Grandparents. When he couldn't take the dog with him and my Grandmother was going to move in with us, my cousin was even going to put him down so there would be no chance of him ever being fought. To keep the dog form being put down my Dad took it in. It occupied every minute of our day watching that dog. The breed is unpredictable, my best friend(and when I say best friend, he was named after my Dad) after him being over every day for 2 years spending as much time as I was. Duke tried to attach him, he did the same with me. A few minutes later he was your best friend. This is an on going pattern. From a Vet on the News, Pitt Bull Dogs are not the dog that bites more people each year, that title belongs to the German Shepherd. Pitts don't bite, they attach. There exception to every rule, some are great dogs but they just can't be trusted. and I agree just about every time I see a pitt some Maggot is behind it on a chain. There is just something wrong with the breed, not just the owners.

So you are a breed expert with your vast experience with one dog. Congratulations you may have won the internet armchair quarterback of the year award. Oh and I appreciate being labled a maggot by an expert such as yourself.

Kopbet has a very strong personal reason to dislike them, yet is civil to those of us who do own them. My first one died of old age and my second probably will as well. I wish this had not happened to kopbets family and I apologize to him for contributing to the decline of this thread by responding to you.

For what it's worth if my pit or boxer ever went after another dog I would put them down myself. Unfortunately they are very energetic and want to play with other animals thick scares small breeds and induces a fear based bite reaction in small dogs.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Like I said, large dogs take a good amount of responsibility. If your dog had fear aggression for whatever reason, that's not a "breed" based issue. Of course, the owners never think it might be possible that they are responsible for their dog's behavior.

BTW, I just got back from Rock N Rescue @ Riverparks, several large breed dogs and several "pits"..... one wonders how we all made it out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom