Dropped my AR for an AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a Rock River CAR A4 for a few years and put about 800 rounds through it, but just never really warmed up to the platform, so I recently sold it to a co-worker. After looking around for a few weeks I settled on a Century Polish 1960 milled AK.

I've heard some bad reports about Century products, but this sure isn't one of them. I love the way it points and handles, the double hook trigger group, and the smoothness of the action. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and will give an accuracy and function report soon. This is my first AK, and I think I'm hooked!

[Broken External Image]
ai53.photobucket.com_albums_g66_bwinavw_IMG_0054.jpg

ai53.photobucket.com_albums_g66_bwinavw_IMG_0049_2.jpg

ai53.photobucket.com_albums_g66_bwinavw_IMG_0055.jpg

Anybody know about the manufacturer of this one?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 13 year old who has been shooting ARs from about 6 or 7 I guess. He shot my AK for the first time about two weeks ago. He said he likes it better then the AR. I like both. I think the AKs are a blast to shoot.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same one brother, milled reciever and all. I picked it up about 5 months ago. I love it, and accuracy is respectable for an AK. I shot the thing in the March Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capitol. It ran flawlessly and I had one of the more accurate total scores. You won't bi sniping with it, but inside of a hundred yards you tear some stuff up. If you are 1/2 as happy with yours as I am with mine, you'll be pretty darn happy.

Did you pick it up from Mark at Sooner Guns? That's where I got mine.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put 55 rounds through it today. No malfunctions, sights and gas tube are straight. Was more accurate with Silver Bear vs Wolf Classic.
Average group was 2"-2.5" at about 50 yards, which doesn't sound that great for "internet accuracy", but for a guy standing there holding a rifle up to his shoulder, it looks like they all hit in the same spot.

I was plenty impressed, and will be buy more AKs while they're still around.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have to buy an old AK (not a newly manufactured one like a Saiga), it better be Polish. Those Poles make a mean Kalashnikov.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have to buy an old AK (not a newly manufactured one like a Saiga), it better be Polish. Those Poles make a mean Kalashnikov.

To be honest, I didn't do any research on Polish AKs before buying this one, it just kind of "spoke" to me.

I do have a couple of Polish Tokarevs that I love, and a Radom 35 9mm that's just killer. Looks like I did alright. The barrel is American and not chrome lined, but nice and heavy. Type 1 bayonet is cool too!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yugos are pretty good to. Ive got one with an American barrel. With a red dot sight n a sand bag I can keep it in a 2 inch or less group at a hundred. IMO good for an AK

Latest posts

Top Bottom