Duck Thief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.M.F

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went hunting last Sunday and the spot was frozen so I had to bust a small hole for the decoys. I shot a passing duck which hit the ice and slid about 30 yards away behind some brush. There were more ducks close so I didn't grab the dead duck yet. About 20 mins later I turn to my buddy and say wouldn't crazy if we saw a bobcat on the ice trying to get the duck. We laughed a little and then went to pick up the dead ducks and I noticed that my duck was gone. I walked down the bank a little and a hawk flew out of the brush with my duck. I chased after the hawk and he landed again. I finally scared the hawk away and he dropped my duck. It was kinda neat to see that hawk flying with that duck but I did get my duck back.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story. I think I would have been glad to have given the duck to the hawk as I don't care that much to eat them. We usually have summer sausage made out of them at the end of the season.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story. I think I would have been glad to have given the duck to the hawk as I don't care that much to eat them. We usually have summer sausage made out of them at the end of the season.

Summer sausage? That's a hell of an idea!

I can't stand to eat them either, that's why I've never hunted them. Might have to change that now! :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story! You just never know what is going to happen in the outdoors:D

The summer sausage is gonna have to get some attention, as I'm not a big fan of duck either.
The reason I don't duck hunt anymore.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same with me. I love to duck hunt but haven't in several years because I don't care to eat them. The summer sausage sounds like a great idea. I might just have to rediscover one of my hunting passions later this year.

tuskbuster

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
had a hawk get a wounded dove from me this year.it sailed into the short grass bounced once and flapped and WHOOSH gone .my boys couldnt believe it either

Latest posts

Top Bottom