Dumping dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had a place to keep some of these dogs that show up here. I'm seriously thinking of retiring early next year and I could use a good companion or two.
Fortunately this isn’t a pit. They are so hard to find homes for. I don’t think it will be hard for this gal to find a good home just with her looks and nature so far.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found another dumped dog. She was hiding in the ditch not far from my place. Very smart, has a bobbed tail. She followed me home. I had to leave for a bit after. Came back to see her leaving the porch to hide in the woods. She hid in the woods until she saw it was me. Seems to follow some basic commands. Probably a heeler Australian Shepherd mix maybe 4-6 months old. Has very interesting gray eyes. No issues with my dog, no food issues. Just fed them. If anyone needs a great dog let me know. She will bond quickly and pay close attention to you. She’s just laying down staring right at me now.
yea that's a great dog if i didn't have 3 adoptee's i would take her.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After watching a pack tear up a neighbor and then my grandma before she could get back into her car I have no more tears.
That old 1894c has been put to work too many times to clean up someone else’s mess they though was cute when it was a pup.
Shouldn’t be a fine for dumping animals, just 2 broken kneecaps and trash pickup duty for 2 weeks.
"Weeks" is not how "years" is spelled...

Joe

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife operates a rescue for giant breed dogs. Dog dumping has always been rampant in Oklahoma. It's gotten much worse during the age of COVID. My wife tries very hard to limit the rescue to giants, but in the past three months we've taken in around 10 dogs that were dumped in our area and picked up by friends of ours. Fortunately Rachael has been able to get them on transport to rescues in Colorado and the northeast. We just don't have the resources to take in every

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife operates a rescue for giant breed dogs. Dog dumping has always been rampant in Oklahoma. It's gotten much worse during the age of COVID. My wife tries very hard to limit the rescue to giants, but in the past three months we've taken in around 10 dogs that were dumped in our area and picked up by friends of ours. Fortunately Rachael has been able to get them on transport to rescues in Colorado and the northeast. We just don't have the resources to take in every
Thank You !!!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dogs that don’t hold their keep on our farm and when I was growing up on one were put down. Sometimes strays/dumped ones stayed around and earned a spot on the farm. We had a dumped Border Collie that only job he would do was run calves back up a run lane on the Roping Pen. Only job he did. Strays make good dogs. But sadly the ones that don‘t and are dumped needs put down.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rescue dog Jack Jack is doing well.
20221011_145231.jpg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're a good person for sheltering and providing for this little girl. I'm seriously tempted. She actually looks like she's been well cared for just judging by the pictures. All except for the dumping part...
Thanks. Hear that everyone? I’m a good person. Haha

This might sound weird, but one of the things that I like in a dog, is one that understands common areas and goes to the bathroom far away. So if you have any space, you never see or deal with any droppings. She left the deck, went well into the woods/leaves and went. They don’t all do that. I have been around some dogs that just will go anywhere. This dog is smart and not overly hyper. Her focus is staying near you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom