Dumping dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As stated by ‘Shooter’, “Dogs are completely innocent….”, and they have no choice when it comes to winding up in a place for them know as their home. Humans domesticated them and through selective breeding they evolved into creatures that are instinctively inclined to trust humans, look to us to solve their problems, and to accept the families that give them a place to live as members of their pack. People who abuse dogs can’t be trusted with women, children or those weaker than themselves because their values are based solely on relationships that benefit themselves without sentiment or consideration of others. In my experience, there’s nothing in the world I’ve found to be as faithful as a man’s dog, or a woman, who really loves him, and these kinds of blessings should not be taken for granted.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which sums up why I fast forward past the parts in movies where dogs or horses get killed doing their job. Something about seeing an animal whose primary motivation is to serve its human and gets injured in the process.

I saw John Wick as completely justified and relatable.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We get 4 a month, on a slow month.

Son lives 400 yards from the highway. Car will stop at the intersection and kick dogs out.

Put up a game on fence. Have gotten a few license plates and sent to Sheriff.

The dogs usually end up around the house or chicken coop. IF they are friendly, D-i-L rehomes most. They kill chickens or are vicious, they don't stay long.

Problem is, the shelters are full and will not take animals that you take in. The ones THEY catch roaming in town, is all they keep.

Sometimes I wish we could shoot those dumping. They deserve it more than the dogs. We have shot some dogs and cats, but it is a last resort.

The Sheriff is very happy to get a pic and pay them visit. He is quite convincing explaining the error of their ways.

The Judge gives them 250 reasons of why it wrong.

ETA: yes, the dogs are innocent and people are idiots.
We were getting very few dumped, UNTIL the geniuses on Lawton City Council decided the BEST way to control the population was to implement a $250 / year, breeder license on dogs not spayed or neutered. $25 for spayed or neutered.

Anytime the News mentions the license or fines involved, dumping go way up.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a huge soft spot for animals. Especially dogs. I currently have two pit bulls. One is my baby girl I have had since she was 8 weeks old and the other I found on the road about three years ago because some scum bag dumped her off. She had just given birth to puppies and had milk coming out of her teets. I looked everywhere but I knew they weren’t there. She gave the pathetic owner what they wanted so she was worthless to them. She has been an amazing dog. Her and my baby girl love each other to death. If I was able I would take in every dog I find. I say a person caught dumping a dog should be sent to prison for a mandatory 10 year sentence. Well I say the death penalty but some think that’s too harsh.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a huge soft spot for animals. Especially dogs. I currently have two pit bulls. One is my baby girl I have had since she was 8 weeks old and the other I found on the road about three years ago because some scum bag dumped her off. She had just given birth to puppies and had milk coming out of her teets. I looked everywhere but I knew they weren’t there. She gave the pathetic owner what they wanted so she was worthless to them. She has been an amazing dog. Her and my baby girl love each other to death. If I was able I would take in every dog I find. I say a person caught dumping a dog should be sent to prison for a mandatory 10 year sentence. Well I say the death penalty but some think that’s too harsh.
I think at least animal cruelty charges. When you see how scared and bewildered they are it breaks your heart. Many dogs just stay where they were dumped thinking someone will come back for them.

I have this puppy and she’s not causing a single problem. They dumped a real sweetie. Makes no sense.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think at least animal cruelty charges. When you see how scared and bewildered they are it breaks your heart. Many dogs just stay where they were dumped thinking someone will come back for them.

I have this puppy and she’s not causing a single problem. They dumped a real sweetie. Makes no sense.
They are evil, heartless piles of filth that don’t deserve to breathe. No dog deserves to be treated that way.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have absolutely no use for any human, regardless of age or sex, who will mistreat any animal or weaker human, be it a child or adult. People cringe when I say that 8 year old who is torturing cats needs to be shot in the brain stem when he's not looking. I would make sure the teenager or adult would know that bullet was coming, though. Does that stance make me unchristian?? A *****?? Evil?? Oh well ... I've seen evil. And it was what that 8 year old did to that litter of kittens. 😡😡😡

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have absolutely no use for any human, regardless of age or sex, who will mistreat any animal or weaker human, be it a child or adult. People cringe when I say that 8 year old who is torturing cats needs to be shot in the brain stem when he's not looking. I would make sure the teenager or adult would know that bullet was coming, though. Does that stance make me unchristian?? A *****?? Evil?? Oh well ... I've seen evil. And it was what that 8 year old did to that litter of kittens. 😡😡😡
Sounds like the 8 year old needed the fear of fear put in him with a good old butt whooping..

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in an area that dog “dumping” is pretty common. I would keep them all if I could, but I always try to find a good home for them. Currently, I have five dogs that adopted me. Two of them were abandoned during the peak of Covid, and the others have been around for quite a few years. My two oldest are now senior dogs, and I will miss them greatly when there time comes to a close. The people that dump dogs are nothing but a POS, but in a strange way, I’m thankful that they dumped them because I would have missed out on all the enjoyment that my dogs bring me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom