Dwight D. Eisenhower on the consequences of war

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This right here. He got kicked out of Metallica for drinking too much.

Think about that

i.imgur.com_yELxj.jpg

Santorum/Mustaine 2012. Used every ounce of my 'shop skills in the 33 seconds it took me to make that.

Ridge, you need to watch the documentary "No End in Sight" if you haven't already. Its all about Ikes final address and warning to the American public as president.

Thanks, I haven't seen it and will put it on the list. Why We Fight is a good one on this subject, too. That's where the clip I posted showing the bit of Ike's farewell address is from.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_yELxj.jpg

Santorum/Mustaine 2012. Used every ounce of my 'shop skills in the 33 seconds it took me to make that.

Thanks, I haven't seen it and will put it on the list. Why We Fight is a good one on this subject, too. That's where the clip I posted showing the bit of Ike's farewell address is from.

"Why We Fight" is what I meant not "No End In Sight." Still "No End In Sight" is worth watching.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel a lot better now after checking the news today.

Embarrassed Republicans Admit They've Been Thinking Of Eisenhower Whole Time They've Been Praising Reagan

o.onionstatic.com_images_articles_article_19_19248_reagan.jpg

WASHINGTON-At a press conference Monday, visibly embarrassed leaders of the Republican National Committee acknowledged that their nonstop, effusive praise of Ronald Reagan has been wholly unintentional, admitting they somehow managed to confuse him with Dwight D. Eisenhower for years.

According to sources, millions of younger Republicans have spent most of their lives viewing Reagan a stalwart of conservative principles, and many were "horrified" to learn that the former president illegally sold weapons to Iran, declared amnesty for 2.9 million illegal immigrants, costarred in a movie with a chimpanzee, funneled aid to Islamic militants in Afghanistan, and suffered from severe mental problems.

Link!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. But the thing is, he saw the current state of the USA coming almost 60 years ago, and tried to warn us about it. I don't think he'd be a bit surprised.

Ike new as soon as WWII was over that we would never get a handle on the influence the military-industrial complex has on our political system and the American public. Probably the most profound and unheeded warning a president has ever given.

same crap, different era

vicious war in europe
new military buildup
large, idle military
invasion of the middle east

Latest posts

Top Bottom