Ever feel like the food service is slow at McD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember McDs being .25 burgers and.30 cheeseburgers.
Yeah that was forever ago.

The year was 1967 and I was TDY in Virginia for training. After our training was completed, we had to sit around for weeks for our passports and visas to get to us so we could ship over to Pakistan. During those weeks, I spent a lot of time hitchhiking into DC and other places around. McDonald's 19-cent hamburgers is what I could afford for a noon meal. I generally got two of them.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking to the topic my wife does the door dash thing for extra cash and she has had to wait as long as 45 min in the drive-thru for customer orders and when she finally gets to the window there is a bunch of kids that dont really want to be there working and a manager running around trying to do everything smh

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking to the topic my wife does the door dash thing for extra cash and she has had to wait as long as 45 min in the drive-thru for customer orders and when she finally gets to the window there is a bunch of kids that dont really want to be there working and a manager running around trying to do everything smh

I know an 18 yo girl that MANAGES a Sonic. Yep, manages it. She’s the boss.

I wouldn’t let her sweep out my garage. Seriously.

If you know the inner workings of fast food, in these current times, you’d never be shocked, mildly surprised, or even disappointed at the quality & level of service you receive at a fast food restaurant.

I don’t know when it happened, but I’ve quit going to chain fast food places. It just isn’t worth the trouble. I also really don’t understand getting all pissed off at someone for doing poorly at a job they aren’t qualified to do. You need to be pissed off at the owner. Not the manager. They likely aren’t qualified to be there either.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much sums up why I skip fast food anytime I can.
Also when we travel we try real hard to find something local. They tend to be more invested in their product.

Yep. It's kind of sad to pull into any town from here to DC and see Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Panda, Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse....etc....

No regional or cultural flavor at all. That crap is garbage here at home, I don't want to eat garbage on the road either.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. It's kind of sad to pull into any town from here to DC and see Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Panda, Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse....etc....

No regional or cultural flavor at all. That crap is garbage here at home, I don't want to eat garbage on the road either.

I never figured out why people would go on a road trip or a vacation and eat at a chain sit down restaurant.

Makes no sense to me. Never has.

Of course, I don’t eat at those places when I’m not away from hone either.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard or read something the other day along the lines of, "you never fully appreciate how crazy people really are until you have a job dealing with the public."
This is beyond true. I worked dealing with the public for about five years before I only had to deal with coworkers. I can tell some stories.

My assistant manager at KFC got a death threat over gravy.

I had an old man go ballistic on me at Walmart because we were out of whole raw chickens. Because he was in the army and if he asked a question he demanded an answer!! Not my fault we were out. I don't make the orders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom