Federal legalized marijuana one step closer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the part where I talk about eating a large salad, some steamed veggies, non-fried meat and a small potion of potatoes?

You honestly don't see the hypocrisy in a diabetic talking about Golden Corral, preaching to those that smoke weed, about health? I don't care how healthy you believe Golden Corral can be, and it's not, you don't see a gang of crossfit folks piling in the doors. There's a reason for that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you encourage people to eat a vegetable, you'll be no better than Michelle Obama. You once pointed out that she wanted people to eat a vegetable even though she had a big ass.

No I pointed out that she was making it so that school kids would rather go hungry instead of eating the crap she was pushing, while having a big ass.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right, few do smoke 30 joints a day. Instead they inhale pot smoke deeper and hold it in longer. Pot also has three times the tar of tobacco. There has not been a real long term study of pot smoking on cancer but studies HAVE confirmed that smoking pot puts you at risk for many of the same lung problems as tobacco. Believe it or not, I have a lot less issue with putting pot in brownies or whatever. I do not see near the health risk involved.

You'll get no argument from me that inhaling cannabis smoke could cause cancer; hell, inhaling smoke of any kind in quantity, over a period of time would likely cause cancer, from grass fires to smoking pork ribs. But the scare tactic of it "having more tar" or any other chemical than tobacco is mostly moot, when one only smokes so much of it, as compared to cigarettes, where many smokers smoke 30-40 cigarettes over the course of a day. Yes - the cigs are filtered (mostly), and the joints aren't. But again, no one (other than idiots that like to make youtube pot-smoking videos) smokes that much cannabis as to approach 40 cigarettes. And they may inhale it "deeper and longer", but only a handful of times. And if I was going to use, I'd much rather smoke it than eat it. Much easier to regulate and control the affects.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You honestly don't see the hypocrisy in a diabetic talking about Golden Corral, preaching to those that smoke weed, about health? I don't care how healthy you believe Golden Corral can be, and it's not, you don't see a gang of crossfit folks piling in the doors. There's a reason for that.

1) I became diabetic when my hypoglycemia flipped. For many years I suffered with low blood sugar and had to eat several times a day. After a while that flips in many people.
2) GC has a lot of healthy choices including a decent salad bar and a lot of nice veggies. The steaks are not fantastic but passable and you can usually find baked fish, boiled shrimp, scallops, or similar. If you want dessert the portions are reasonable. It is not my fault if the crossfit wieners are lacking in willpower and can not make healthy choices from the large variety of food on offer.

And before anyone is dumb enough to comment, yes I am a larger than life fellow but what you do not know is most of my excess weight is from water weight and because of lack of exercise. When I was in the hospital I lost 60 pounds simply because they had me on large doses of lasix. They still keep me on small doses daily but do not want to keep the larger doses because of risk from that. As far as exercise, they let me use my exercise bike / ski machine and walk. That is it. Doc went ballistic when I told her the other day that I want to start doing crunches again. :P :P I knew she would but it was fun giving her a hard time after all the crap the docs have caused me this year.

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
cheechandchong.JPG

I haven't read this entire thread.
But I seem to remember reading about a roadside test close to being ready to check for DUI with pot.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will happen. And like everything else, there will continue to be a fairly large segment of society that has no self control and will create problems for law enforcement, society as a whole, and themselves and their family.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It will happen. And like everything else, there will continue to be a fairly large segment of society that has no self control and will create problems for law enforcement, society as a whole, and themselves and their family.
psst, a little known fact, people who smoke pot have been doing it for years already as if the law mattered.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
^^^^^ of course, everyone knows. However, usage always increases when actions are legalized, and made more available at lower prices.
That sounds good in theory but in this case, I dont know that its as true as some other things might be. I know no one who started smoking weed when it because legal in OK. The people I knew already using it went and got a card but no one else that I know did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom