Fiddleback bite......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My spider war story...My wife and I were stationed at Incirlik AB, Turkey for our first duty assignment. I would go pick her up after work every day. This guy she worked with had a small sore on his cheek one day. Well as the days went by I noticed this sore grow larger and more bulbous until finally it was the size of a small grape. He finally went to sick call with it and when they sliced it open hundreds of baby spiders spewed out and started crawling all over his face! Don't remember the name of the spider that does this but it's apparently a common occurance there.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My spider war story...My wife and I were stationed at Incirlik AB, Turkey for our first duty assignment. I would go pick her up after work every day. This guy she worked with had a small sore on his cheek one day. Well as the days went by I noticed this sore grow larger and more bulbous until finally it was the size of a small grape. He finally went to sick call with it and when they sliced it open hundreds of baby spiders spewed out and started crawling all over his face! Don't remember the name of the spider that does this but it's apparently a common occurance there.
Holy ****!!!

Just frigging KILL ME INSTEAD!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:yikes2::yikes2::yikes2: That is the scariest thing I have ever heard in my LIFE!!

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the Ortho stuff. Spayed the hell out of my house and it never seemed to work. I have the pros come out every 90 days for $60. The spray inside, outside around the foundation, the eves of the house. dust the attic and put a granular pesticide in a 15ft swath outside around the house. They have a 100% guarantee, If my wife thinks she sees a bug they come back out and retreat for free.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

holy friggin' crap

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the pest control guy that treated our previous house that was infested with fiddlebacks, spray won't do a lot of good. Recluse spiders have long enough legs that their body rarely touches the surface, and spiders don't "clean" themselves like roaches and pests do by licking their feet, so unless the spray gets directly on them, it doesn't do much. He used "Delta Dust", and after I found out what he used, I bought some online. According to him, it was illegal for me to do it without a license, but I guess either money talks, or he didn't want me going the DIY route. I used one of those small garden dust spreaders (looks like a miniature leaf blower with a hand crank) and a VERY GOOD respirator I got from work, and would blast the attic and other areas twice a year with it. It is super fine, and floats like smoke in the air for several minutes. Once it settles, I can't see anything in those spaces that wouldn't get it on them. Of course I ran the wife and kids out for a few hours before I did it. I also took small amounts and sprinkled sparingly around baseboards, and other places like that that are favorite travel routes for them. Seemed to control them, but as the pest guy said, "you can control them, but you'll never get rid of them".

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ortho Home Defense spray gets results for me...somehow. When I spray, I see dead bugs constantly for a few weeks, including fiddlebacks. They move around at night I think and you don't normally see them unless they get trapped in the bathtub but once they walk across a baseboard that I sprayed, they only make it another 10' and curl up and die.
The exterminator told me Permethryn is what he used for fiddlers and he told me I could buy it at Lowes....so i do and I kill fiddlers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom