Flu Shot didn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the wife and I must be tough old birds. I'm 69 years old and haven't had a flu shot in 'I-have-no-idea-how-long.' Another thing is that I don't worry about germs. My personal opinion is that if one uses hand sanitizers, wipes the grocery cart every time, and always use anti-bacterial soap for washing, then they aren't being exposed to germs and building up immunity. Thus, they may actually be sicker. I can remember that my sister never wanted her kids to play outside when they were growing up, while out kids were outside all the time and around nasty stuff like cows and horses and their related 'leavings.' Her kids to this day get all weepy when they get sick and stay in bed all the time that they can. Our kids tough it out and never really get drug down by an illness.

Now, all that said, is that an annual OSA traditional comment? Whether it is or isn't doesn't matter. It still applies to us.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said "Not the flu" twice. Then you said, "flu like symptoms." That sounds like a diagnosis to me.

I am not blaming anyone. You are hypersensitive. Thus all the healthcare hyperbole not related to anything I've posted. I get a flu shot every year. I will get one next year. This year it did not work, at least for my wife. Last I checked, these shots are not 100% and some years not even close. You go ahead and pretend they are.

I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I possibly do not. I don't think there is any way to know for sure but your internet diagnosis would indicate otherwise. I just felt like crap and felt like whining about.

So you're criticizing someone for saying it's not the flu.... after you say it came back negative after testing. You then complain about him doing an "internet diagnosis" when you are self diagnosing?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you miss the part about the test only being for influenza A and B and only being 67% effective, as well as the part where two different Dr. here believe we have the flu? We may not have the flu. We might. I don't have an issue with someone saying, you might not have the flu. I have an issue with someone saying "Not the flu" twice, when there is no definitive way of knowing.

In which you definitively have said you have the flu.....with no way of knowing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha. It's just funny to see the same thing year after year.

No one knows how to use Tylenol and chicken soup anymore. Oh well. I do hope you feel better. I just know that it gets old seeing the same old thing that can't be fixed or even treated with anything other than over-the-counter crap and being blamed for being incompetent and/or useless because I won't hand out antibiotics to everyone with a cough, while I spent 90 hours a week working and commuting. Most people in this country expect to have no aches or pains or discomfort and if healthcare providers won't hand out antibiotics and narcotics for every ache or pain we get demonized. I see it every single night. Every one. Makes me kinda jaded, yup, but it is what it is. ER use has skyrocketed under Obamacare, as predicted by every single person who works in healthcare. Oh well... like I said, it's hopefully only temporary and I can get out of it while I still have a chance to have a life and enjoy it... there's certainly little to no joy in practicing medicine these days.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better I got my flu shot along with a Tdap shot last Sunday and I felt like hell Monday, a bit better on Wednesday, and my arm still feels bruised.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better I got my flu shot along with a Tdap shot last Sunday and I felt like hell Monday, a bit better on Wednesday, and my arm still feels bruised.

Haven't gotten mine this year, I don't think. Hell, I'm so bleary-eyed most of the time, I imagine they could shoot me up with something and I wouldn't even remember it. It's possible I already did. But I've been sick for three weeks myself, which doesn't help.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't gotten mine this year, I don't think. Hell, I'm so bleary-eyed most of the time, I imagine they could shoot me up with something and I wouldn't even remember it. It's possible I already did. But I've been sick for three weeks myself, which doesn't help.

My daughter doesn't get much in the way of sick leave either, they just have her wear a mask when she's sick. She works in NICU so that's pretty :screwy:
But she has had every shot known to mankind I think.

Hang in there. Obamadontcare will fail if it's not repealed or gutted. Even if it doesn't I see an alternative venue for you guys to practice in coming around. There's private care facility in Norman that does a variety of surgeries for a flat fixed rate, diagnosis included and it's a lot cheaper than any other hospital these days. From the sounds of it, they are doing quite well. This will take off as healthcare becomes more socialized. Hell, I'd go there over conventional just to fly the middle finger at the commies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom