G30 vs G19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am looking at getting either a G30 or G19. Has anyone shot both? What are your opinions. I know a G19 is a mainstay of the Glock line and of CCW everywhere. I really like the concept of a ~4in Glock .45 that holds 10+1. I am just wondering what OSA thinks. For me the only drawback for the G30 is slightly higher cost and slightly higher ammo cost.

Thanks

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned and carried both, and cannot complain about either. I am a 45 guy, so I traded my G19 for the G30 specifically. So what does all of this really mean??? It all comes down to personal preference. People will argue knock down power, mag capacity, etc, but all that really matters is what you are comfortable carrying and shooting.

okrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've debated the same thing. I have both and rotate them. For me both serve a purpose and are great for me. I shoot both about equally as well and would recommend both. I would suggest spending some time with both as the grip circumference and length vary. If you haven't held both or been able to compare both PM me and we could get together.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the G19 carries better. The G30 is a bit chunky, has a little more torque in the recoil (single hand), but it is not snappy at all. The G19 is actually a real nice shooter.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own both the G19 and G30SF. They are both excellent carry guns. I prefer to carry the 19 most of the time because its a tad less weight and have 5 rounds more in the mag. In a good holster/belt combo I do not notice the extra weight of a 30. When it gets really cold outside I am more likely to carry the 30SF to take full advantage of its heavy bullet that may be necessary to punch through winter weight clothing. The 30SF is not at all uncomfortable to shoot due to its spring setup. It's plenty accurate.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a G30, and still have a G19. I like the G30, but it's a tad fat for my hands and for IMWB. Can't go wrong with either, as others have already said.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive owned both, and carried both; well all three if you count the 30s. It really depends on which one better fits your intentions and capabilities.
The size ,weight, round count, cross platform compatibility, and shooting preference will all play a role.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went down to 2A today and purchased a Gen 4 G30. Quite a nice little Glock. I did not have time to stick around and shoot. The only issue I have had so far is getting the beavertail back strap on. I go the regular large back strap on but could not get the beavertail on. Not a big issue I know I will be able to get it on I just need to try again. Now to get some new sights (just has standard "field goal" sights) and a holster or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom