Garden 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use what I call a back-hoe. Easy to make and you can weed a garden quickly by pushing it.

6b22fc6f06eaa947498292344209b8b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sunflowers are doing well sure needed this rain. The small plants from the bird seed are in the process of dieing off but the big ones from bought seeds are just starting to bloom out. They are about 7 feet tall.
Sunflowers4.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Splain the IV's?
Drip watering system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Running into a snake feeding tube buried under the roots. The dark colored bottle is liquid fertilizer. Got 10-12 racketball size lemons on it, and looking like it's about to sprout some new ones.

Next year the plan is to graft some oranges onto it

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up one of these stirrup hoes after watching my uncle use one for years. Man, it is Skookum, should have got one years ago.

Cuts down in the soil about a half an inch, cutting weed roots. Can run it right up to the stalks without messing up much if you're careful.
Cool, I remember seeing TV ads for these years ago. :D

Google shows they come in different widths. Which size do you use (or recommend)?

Btw Dennis, your "back-hoe" looks pretty much like a floor scraper. I bought one to remove some tile years ago. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom