Going to Chicago, any suggestions or tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For breakfast, try Wildberry Pancake Cafe just North of Millennium Park.
Heaven of 7th (floor but there are two locations) for Cajun food.

2nd the architectural tour by boat. If you are into jogging/running, look up Chicago Running Tours. I've ran about 40+ miles through the city with Marlin and it is an awesome way to learn the history of the city.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found out that I can prepare a better steak than the big boys at Benny's Chop House or Gibson's. I was very disappointed!!!!!!! Maybe it just wasn't meant to be but when you pay that much for a steak, you want it to be very good. Eddie V's was our favorite place for dinner. We also went to two Cubs games. A lot of people in Chicago lay out of work to attend the ballpark. One person said that you don't want to be on TV at the game because you most likely would get fired for calling in sick! Chicago had by far the nicest people for a big city!

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you know meat and can grill you can give the big steak/chop houses a good run. I was never a fan of Gibsons after a waiter dropped a plate on my briefcase.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chicago is great but like any large city, it's where you go and what time you go. Take a cab to and from at night. Not sure about the "chicago style pizza sucks" comes from. It's great. Deep dish baked in an brick oven (if you want a good one). Anyway, I like it.
Blue Man Group is playing at the Briar.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you know meat and can grill you can give the big steak/chop houses a good run. I was never a fan of Gibsons after a waiter dropped a plate on my briefcase.
My wife ordered a prime rib medium rare. When it got to the table, it was gray. I think they took a cut that was medium rare and reheated it but it went from a medium rare to a tad over medium. The flavor was decent but they should never had served that piece of meat for the price you are paying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom