Gold and SILVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you believe is a better Investment?

• Total voters

WEWear42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever is the shortest during the crisis will bring the most of whatever you want to trade for. It may be silver, gold, etc. but if I have toilet paper and you don't I may take some of your precious metals in trade. I too have been collecting mostly silver for well over a decade and I dumped about 200oz at $30 an ounce to Apmex and felt really good about it. Paid some stuff off and bought a Kimber ultra CDP. Could have waited and made a little more and have thought about dumping another load but thought I would stick and see what happens. Good luck whatever you do.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've done quite well with both Silver and Gold. Silver is such an undervalued precious metal, and I don't see any major decline in its price in many years to come. I personally think Silver is a very solid investment with nothing but big gains in the future.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't expect metals prices to be in danger of falling until the next world war is close to ending. That's when the curve will begin its downward trajectory and when I'll be selling.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like everything else we do, some folks just take it too far. There is an interesting article over on survivalblog today...a fella details his method for stockpiling nickels in ammo cans.

I guess if one has everything else covered....food, water, hygiene, self defense, shelter etc...but stockpiling nickels for the silver content? Really?

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as a meltdown investment, I plan on eatin all of you city folk and tradin yer silver and gold for more ammo!!!

I sold most of my precious metal investment when the prices doubled from when I bought it. In my opion its a good supplement to any long term investment but if its a SHTF venture you will be disappointed, you cant eat or drink it.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like everything else we do, some folks just take it too far. There is an interesting article over on survivalblog today...a fella details his method for stockpiling nickels in ammo cans.

I guess if one has everything else covered....food, water, hygiene, self defense, shelter etc...but stockpiling nickels for the silver content? Really?

I agree, but it is nickel and copper that make up nickles about 25% and 75% each. However he does make a point that they are good for ballistic protection!

Latest posts

Top Bottom