Gold and SILVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you believe is a better Investment?

• Total voters

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel sorry for all those people who invest in those worthless gold and silver companies.
Its one thing to have shiny bars and coins in your safe. but those certificates are just going to be toilet paper one day.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So it becomes okay to steal from others if the SHTF?

It was said more in jest than anything. I really don't think anyone can fully understand what this Nation would be like during a true meltdown. But I can tell you this, if my family needed food or water to survive and I found someone who had plenty but wasn't willing to barter, I would take what was necessary for my family's survival.

I know my way around the woods so hunting meat wouldn't be a problem. I am sure my guns and ammo would be used more in defending what I do have rather than what I don't..

newmaxx11

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
just my thoughts. you'll have to take a number to buy sell or trade anyway, so if your the "i'm not taking any number" type your gold and silver will be worthless to you unless you can trade it for supplies to someone who has the number and can sell it. and if theres anyone around that actually has any supplies someone will have allready killed them and taken their supplies. so basically gold and silver is useless. I'm thinking buy all the supplies you can now and just try to hold onto them as long as possible.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
......so basically gold and silver is useless. I'm thinking buy all the supplies you can now and just try to hold onto them as long as possible.

This is my line of thinking. I voted silver, but it would really only be a useless metal in a total, global financial collapse.

Think about it: what can you do with gold and silver if there is no monetary system? You can't eat it. You can't plow with it. If someone has food and water, why would they trade something of value - especially something that would keep them alive - for what amounts to little more than shiny metal? I sure wouldn't. Ammo would be worth much, much more. And the ability to filter water (and the availability of water) would be worth more than anything.

Wild game will last about 2 months with all of the dopes killing everything in sight (including farm animals). Eat a quick few meals, and leave the rest to rot. Better off learning to grow food....and guard it.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren Buffet says the best investment you can make is to invest in yourself!

The economy might collapse or you might have hyperinflation. Real estate might collapse or become unobtainable.

As long you have a skill or knowledge that other people don't have and need you will always have something that is valuable.

So, it doesn't matter if you become a better doctor or welder. You will always have something that other people will have to buy or trade for.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren Buffet says the best investment you can make is to invest in yourself!

The economy might collapse or you might have hyperinflation. Real estate might collapse or become unobtainable.

As long you have a skill or knowledge that other people don't have and need you will always have something that is valuable.

So, it doesn't matter if you become a better doctor or welder. You will always have something that other people will have to buy or trade for.

Unless you're a stock broker.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with silver. Undervalued and would be the currency of choice in a financial catastrophe situation.

I went with neither....but not because I trust the dollar. Neither, because both gold and silver are at all time highs...."buy low, sell high" right? If you aren't already in on the surge, it's not smart to jump in is it?

Also, I don't buy into silver or gold being a valuable commodity in the event of a collapse. I can't eat it, sleep in it, power my house with it, shoot it (well ok I could kill a werewolf with it), or grow it and nobody else can either. So it is of little to no use to me or anyone else for trade/barter purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom