Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in the OKC area they tried to pull that s*** here I would get a petition because many people in my area to sign it is possible then I would mail it to our Board of Education here in Oklahoma City and I would complain and say if you want to keep your freaking job then you're not going to vote for this stupid ass name change. you're going to tell these f*ckers to go f*** themselves otherwise I'll vote you out.

Ball's in your court...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...econsider-school-names-in-oklahoma-city-tulsa

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BWAAAAAA! The SE Conference is the toughest in the country and the darling of ESPN.
Try that tears in your beer again. It didn't hurt a dammed thing.
Manufacturing is going rampant in the SE.
Manufacturers Choosing the Southeast?
Manufacturing companies include an intangible trait -- trust---as part of the site selection consideration.
Adrienne Selko | Oct 01, 2015

U.S. plant last month in Mobile, Ala. calling it the company’s flagship site in the U.S.

Why Alabama? “It gives them a larger industrial presence, which could be useful in pursuing defense contracts,” explains Richard Aboulafia of the Teal Group Corp. “It puts pressure on trade unions back in Europe, because labor in Alabama costs less. And it diversifies their currency exposure, which could be useful if the euro gets strong again.”

The manufacturing base of this region was created in large part by the auto industry. In fact Atlanta has been dubbed “Stuttgart West” thanks to its position as the U.S. headquarters of German companies. Home to the newly revamped Porsche Cars North America headquarters — complete with a test track near the airport — it also lured the Mercedes-Benz USA head office away from another location. And BMW’s largest production plant in the world is in South Carolina.

Other auto manufacturers are represented as well. Kia Motors has a large Georgia production facility and Honda and Hyundai both have major operations in Alabama.

It’s not just the automotive industry that is attracted to the Southeast. Lenovo, the world’s leading PC vendor, opened its first U.S. manufacturing plant in North Carolina last year. Starbucks even roasts its coffee beans in South Carolina. And Google recently-announced plans to invest $600 million into a new data center in Alabama.

To find out why this area is attracting so many manufacturing companies, IndustryWeek talked to William “Lee” Thuston, a 30-year veteran in Southeastern economic development and managing partner of Burr & Forman (Birmingham, Ala.). He has assisted economic development projects representing an estimated $17 billion of capital investment and over 26,000 new jobs. Thuston was involved in the site selection process for Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC, KIA Motors Corp. Mi-Tech Steel, Inc, IPSCO Steel and ThyssenKrupp.

http://www.industryweek.com/expansion-management/trust-factor-manufacturers-choosing-southeast

From Oct. 2015.

Thanks, Obama. Right?

Funny, you have told us for years that Obama destroyed the economy. Now, when it suits your narrative, just the opposite.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm becoming more convinced that there are a good number of these people that would love to do just that.
The level of self-loathing is so high among many (most?) members of both the Antifada and Alt-Right that they are eager to tear down others and the status quo just so they do not have to look themselves in the face.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't have a right to vote?

I guess the right to vote will be after the fact of renaming schools. You OKC School people can vote Aurora Lora out of office. I'd love to see that happen and then the replacement change the names back to the original. That would be a nice middle finger gesture to the PC snowflakes.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the right to vote will be after the fact of renaming schools. You OKC School people can vote Aurora Lora out of office. I'd love to see that happen and then the replacement change the names back to the original. That would be a nice middle finger gesture to the PC snowflakes.

You want to vote her out of office for offering to have a discussion with people in the district regarding their thoughts on school names?

I thought we were about freedom of speech and tolerance of competing ideas?

Oh right, just like the radical left, the radical right only wants to hear ideas they agree with. Anyone with a different opinion on a subject must be discredited, insulted, defamed, and publicly ridiculed. There's that "hello pot" phenom again.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want to vote her out of office for offering to have a discussion with people in the district regarding their thoughts on school names?

Oh right, just like the radical left, the radical right only wants to hear ideas they agree with. Anyone with a different opinion on a subject must be discredited, insulted, defamed, and publicly ridiculed. There's that "hello pot" phenom again.

Discussions on matters that actually have an effect on people's lives are one thing. Me thinks it's a waste of time and money to discuss frivolous things like renaming a school. The discussion would be far better served to be about why people's feelings are hurt over such a little thing as a school name. Discuss that..

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or we could discuss why people's feelings are hurt over people wanting to engage in dialogue. Maybe people in the district don't feel the same way you do? Or perhaps a discussion will reveal that they do agree with you and it will strengthen your case? Or we could just scream for her head...yeah, that so much better and more representative of freedom and democracy.

The fringe right shares so much with the fringe left...and recent events are making that even more evident.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Or we could discuss why people's feelings are hurt over people wanting to engage in dialogue. Maybe people in the district don't feel the same way you do? Or perhaps a discussion will reveal that they do agree with you and it will strengthen your case? Or we could just scream for her head...yeah, that so much better and more representative of freedom and democracy.

The fringe right shares so much with the fringe left...and recent events are making that even more evident.

Yes, I want to remove her from office. This very same woman has reported the cost to be $50k-$75k to change the name of a school, so she's well aware. If she's too stupid to see that this is an unnecessary expenditure, then she doesn't deserve to be in that position.

When you have Oklahoma teachers Panhandling on the side of the road for school supplies, you don't need to be hemorrhaging money by changing school names to quell a nonexistent problem.

This has everything to do with the bottom dollar. Get off your "freedom of speech" soap box and stop feigning outrage. You're not obtuse or that stupid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom