Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh but freedom of speech and outrage are all the buzzwords y'all are using to defend nazi's and confederates these days. I can't use those buzzwords because I don't agree with you?

I'm not outraged about anything. I'm amused at the hysteria and hypocrisy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or we could discuss why people's feelings are hurt over people wanting to engage in dialogue. Maybe people in the district don't feel the same way you do? Or perhaps a discussion will reveal that they do agree with you and it will strengthen your case? Or we could just scream for her head...yeah, that so much better and more representative of freedom and democracy.

The fringe right shares so much with the fringe left...and recent events are making that even more evident.

It begs to question, is she doing her job in a competent manner? I'd say no. If she's willing to waste money on frivolous crap like this, then of course she's willing to debate it in public to find like minded people to quell her personal sense of guilt. Bottom line is that nobody reasonable or competent in their job would be willing to go in public on something as stupid and frivolous as an issue as this if they aren't one of the snowflakes themselves. Anyone else would think it through and nix the idea and she needs a boot to the ass. I think we are living in full-on Idiocracy more and more each day. If you feel the need to debate with these Idiocracy/Snowflake/Mental midgets go right ahead, but don't spend public funds doing it or trying to satiate them. They are completely mad and can't be satiated.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is having a discussion a waste of money? She's actually approaching the issue in a rational manner instead of making declarations of removal.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crowds on Demand was looking for some Charlottesville actors 10 days ago, coincidence?

i.imgur.com_18yOZFd.jpg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have a democracy. We have a representative government.
It's only the elected dimocrat ran cities/states that are wanting this. The desire to erase our country's history rests on their shoulders, so no, not all are represented in tearing these memorials and statues down.
Would you approve of removing the headstones of deceased confederate soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery or at all other National Cemeteries because some liberal activists can't stand the thought of them being recognized with a stone in their death?
Your comment holds no merit.
The people in the area should be given the right to vote on keeping or moving the statues or memorials. That and not liberal, leftist, and snowflake progressive activists is how the fate of those items should be decided. Government should have no say. Only the locals.
The rights of the populous is being overridden by the acts of a few.

Where to begin. Aside from the false premise that this is 'erasing' history, i mean.

1) As i said, we elect them to make decisions, so why can't they make the decision about what statues stay or go?

2) headstones in a cemetery aren't statues on a public town sqaure or in a park.

3) Locals don't make up local governments? You elect a mayor (presumably someone who lives in the area), as well as a council (again, i'm guessing there are some laws about where these people have to live). You allow them to spend millions of dollars on public safety, roads, make decisions about tax incentives, policies, etc. But they can't decide about a statue in a park? That makes total sense.

The populous isn't being overridden. If the populous wants the statues back, elect people who will put them back. Instead of the people who vote to remove them.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where to begin. Aside from the false premise that this is 'erasing' history, i mean.

1) As i said, we elect them to make decisions, so why can't they make the decision about what statues stay or go?

2) headstones in a cemetery aren't statues on a public town sqaure or in a park.

3) Locals don't make up local governments? You elect a mayor (presumably someone who lives in the area), as well as a council (again, i'm guessing there are some laws about where these people have to live). You allow them to spend millions of dollars on public safety, roads, make decisions about tax incentives, policies, etc. But they can't decide about a statue in a park? That makes total sense.

The populous isn't being overridden. If the populous wants the statues back, elect people who will put them back. Instead of the people who vote to remove them.
right on, but DH knows this as well...his claims of voting rights being overridden are laughable

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BWAAAAAA! The SE Conference is the toughest in the country and the darling of ESPN.
Try that tears in your beer again. It didn't hurt a dammed thing.
Manufacturing is going rampant in the SE.
Manufacturers Choosing the Southeast?
Manufacturing companies include an intangible trait -- trust---as part of the site selection consideration.
Adrienne Selko | Oct 01, 2015

U.S. plant last month in Mobile, Ala. calling it the company’s flagship site in the U.S.

Why Alabama? “It gives them a larger industrial presence, which could be useful in pursuing defense contracts,” explains Richard Aboulafia of the Teal Group Corp. “It puts pressure on trade unions back in Europe, because labor in Alabama costs less. And it diversifies their currency exposure, which could be useful if the euro gets strong again.”

The manufacturing base of this region was created in large part by the auto industry. In fact Atlanta has been dubbed “Stuttgart West” thanks to its position as the U.S. headquarters of German companies. Home to the newly revamped Porsche Cars North America headquarters — complete with a test track near the airport — it also lured the Mercedes-Benz USA head office away from another location. And BMW’s largest production plant in the world is in South Carolina.

Other auto manufacturers are represented as well. Kia Motors has a large Georgia production facility and Honda and Hyundai both have major operations in Alabama.

It’s not just the automotive industry that is attracted to the Southeast. Lenovo, the world’s leading PC vendor, opened its first U.S. manufacturing plant in North Carolina last year. Starbucks even roasts its coffee beans in South Carolina. And Google recently-announced plans to invest $600 million into a new data center in Alabama.

To find out why this area is attracting so many manufacturing companies, IndustryWeek talked to William “Lee” Thuston, a 30-year veteran in Southeastern economic development and managing partner of Burr & Forman (Birmingham, Ala.). He has assisted economic development projects representing an estimated $17 billion of capital investment and over 26,000 new jobs. Thuston was involved in the site selection process for Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC, KIA Motors Corp. Mi-Tech Steel, Inc, IPSCO Steel and ThyssenKrupp.

http://www.industryweek.com/expansion-management/trust-factor-manufacturers-choosing-southeast

The SEC is a great conference. And there are more sports than just football. It's no secret that other coaches (even within the SEC) have gone into the home of recruits and said things like "why would you want to go to a racist school like ole miss. Just look at their state flag".

As for manufacturing jobs, well, that is more complicated. For one thing, the south is full of unskilled (i.e. cheap) labor. Many places in the south are also very good about giving large tax breaks to bring jobs in.

But it's nice that you quote a story about Alabama when i was clearly talking about Mississippi and it's state flag (you know, the one with the confederate emblem on it).

But, did you know that the Nissan plant in Canton doesn't fly the state flag? Nor do many cities now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom