Here's Another Interesting Case Concerning the First Amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like i don't understand, you're literally always saying "well i just don't know what to say!"

yeah i get it, you can't say anything other than insult me.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like i don't understand, you're literally always saying "well i just don't know what to say!"

yeah i get it, you can't say anything other than insult me.
Well we certainly can't say that about you can we? Granted 98% of what you say is complete BS, but that doesn't stop you from saying it and saying it and saying it....

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The people who have to maintain the stuff the engineer designs, among others. Spoken as a maintenance mechanic on a large variety of equipment. Most engineers, IMO, should not be allowed out in public without a minder. And all engineers should be required to do five years as a mechanic, and another five years as a machinist before they get a license. Civil engineers should spend that time in similar jobs more related to roads and infrastructure.
I think the inverse is true too. Mechanics and machinists should have to work with engineers to understand the other side.
OK. I can agree with that. I was trying to point out that one statement wasn't well thought out. That's it.

And I agree with this, too. As a matter of fact I pretty much agree with all that you've written aside from the one statement.

Having said that, this is still a complicated issue with many opportunities for unintended consequences if the resolution isn't done in a well thought out way.

My first inclination is if the behavior of the person recording the encounter does so peacefully and without interfering with the officer's business, no problem. If it rises to the level of obstruction or interference with the officer(s) they should be arrested and charged. And so often we see people doing that. They seem to think their camera/phone affords them some super power that prevents them from having to follow the law. That and screaming. I have no idea why people think screaming will get them what they want.
I’ve found brutal honesty has gotten me out of a lot of traffic tickets. Police aren’t used to it, and most just shake their heads and laugh at me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you generally attribute fault to the police when something tragic happens due to a swatting call? Assumption is they just see it as a chance to go assault someone and hopefully shoot them?

You are talking about some who thinks I was going to swat him because I pointed out a very flawed item in his poor logic about sending mail vs electronics responses. (He thought sending physical mail identifies the sender). Sending physical mail in no way identifies me. I could send in a response to the atf request for comments, via mail, and put his return address on it (or anyones for that matter) He freaked out and started talking about me potentially swatting him. It was rather funny.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You are talking about some who thinks I was going to swat him because I pointed out a very flawed item in his poor logic about sending mail vs electronics responses. (He thought sending physical mail identifies the sender). Sending physical mail in no way identifies me. I could send in a response to the atf request for comments, via mail, and put his return address on it (or anyones for that matter) He freaked out and started talking about me potentially swatting him. It was rather funny.
nah you know what you said lol.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the inverse is true too. Mechanics and machinists should have to work with engineers to understand the other side.

I’ve found brutal honesty has gotten me out of a lot of traffic tickets. Police aren’t used to it, and most just shake their heads and laugh at me.

I can tell you that earned huge breaks from me. If I stopped someone and asked if they knew how fast they were going and they told me the truth it was usually a warning or at most a ticket for no seat belt...or something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom