Homeowners Association problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did ya all catch the one of a HOA order an old army vet to remove a American flag and flag pole from his front lawn?

Turns out he was a highly decorated WW2 vet with the C...M....H...

They decided after the extreme negative publicity to step away.

Point is, those HOA across the nation are FULL of horrible stories.
They are mini governments in and of them selves and true democracies....not republics.

There are more horrible stories everyday about deaths by guns in the hands of idiots, does that make guns bad?

HOA's in the hands of idiots are bad, and of course you only hear about the bad ones, just like you only hear about the bad gun owners.

Mob mentality at play here, kill the HOA's!!!

Ban all guns!!!(for those that can't detect sarcasm, this is sarcasm...)

You guys are really inconsistent....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, we payed our 700 dollar homeowners fee 4 days late and they are charging a 50 dollar late fee and said they are going to send us to collections, is there any way i can fight this or is it a waste of time..

Really guys, I think the OP was just asking if there was anything he could do about it...

I'll wager that every single person on this board has been 4 days late on something in their lives. That doesn't mean that the OP is a deadbeat or wants to make others pay for his mistakes, etc...

C'mon... really??

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, let me say that I have not read the entire thread for lack of time to sit hear that long. :respect: Now, I certainly believe HOA's have their place and time in some fashion or another. My HOA happens to suck but I have been a part of others where they were good and we have a new build in a gated community where the HOA lacks organization as it is young. However, in the event I was harrassed by a lien being placed on my property as the result of a few days late payment of said dues I would file suit in every dadgum jurisidiction applicable citing any law, rule, code, etc in order to support my position. I might go so far as to seek a judgment nullyfying the authority of the HOA had they not maintained appropriate records or had evidence of adhering to their own rules or by laws. ( Hint: THis has happened before) Seriously, I have placed liens on properties post judgment for large amounts of monies. I am certainly aware of the foreclosure process and believe it should be used for only the most egregious of actions or degradation of debts. By the way, most Judges feel this same way. :)

With that said. Personally, I would likely inquire where I can pay in person. Such as the next meeting or something. I would then pay them in Pennies, citing of course the federal legal tender mandate. :rotflmao:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are more horrible stories everyday about deaths by guns in the hands of idiots, does that make guns bad?

HOA's in the hands of idiots are bad, and of course you only hear about the bad ones, just like you only hear about the bad gun owners.

Mob mentality at play here, kill the HOA's!!!

Ban all guns!!!(for those that can't detect sarcasm, this is sarcasm...)

You guys are really inconsistent....

Yes, guns are evil! You should all allow me to take control of the evilness around you. Trust me, I'm a lawyer! LMAO :respect:

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. The bigger point (the one that starts with individual responsibility instead of blaming someone else) is those mini governments would have zero power, or not exist at all, if people stopped buying houses in developments with HOAs that are poorly structured/run.

Just like on our national scale, people love giving up freedom in exchange for material goods.

Buyer: "What a great house. Is there an HOA?
Seller: "Yes"
Buyer: "Great, I'd like to see the rules"
Buyer gets copy of HOA rules, reads and understands them before making offer on home
Buyer to seller: "Sorry, your HOA is too restrictive"

Buyer buys a house somewhere else....

Its a shame that the more lackluster associations don't mention in the contracts that they don't fully fulfill their obligations. I have no problem with the things written in my contract, but unfortunately some things don't get done around the neighborhood, and my complaints and those of my neighbors fall on deaf ears.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOA's are such a crock. It's just a way for some repugnant ahole to have his own little empire and they really should be completely stripped of any legal rights over anyone else's property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom