How do you eat Ramen noodles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you fix your Ramen noodles

• Total voters

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually splurge for the Asian ramen noodles that come with both a soup packet and a vegetable packet. If you like ramen that's just a little spicy and really flavorful, I recommend 'Shin' brand of ramen and 'Neoguri' brand of ramen. Another good brand is 'Samyang' and is not spicy like the other two. You can actually find Shin Ramen in walmart now in the Asian section.

I cook it the normal way and eat it with the broth. Instead of obliterating the eggs in the broth, I'll poach 2 eggs in the noodles and broth in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Sometimes, I'll add chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms and maybe add some chicken.

For the uber cheap ramen noodles like Maruchan or Top Ramen that comes with cardboard tasting noodles and a packet of flavored salt, I usually end up dumping the soup base and just use the noodles for my own dishes and make my own broth out of chicken stock, miso, a dab of red pepper puree or fermented red pepper paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy that used to eat them raw, just put the seasoning on the block and chow down

It's been forever since I've eaten ramen, but I used to do that quite often. I'd crunch the noodles up in the bag, dump in the seasoning, shake it up, and enjoy my salty snack.

Hardcore? Or lazy?

Neither! Don't knock it until you've tried it. It tastes way different than it does cooked. Has a cool, crunchy texture. It's pretty delicious this way. Try it. If you don't like it, I'll mail you the $.13 you just screwed yourself out of.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend 'Shin' brand of ramen and 'Neoguri' brand of ramen. Another good brand is 'Samyang' and is not spicy like the other two. You can actually find Shin Ramen in walmart now in the Asian section.

+1 It's the Korean version of Ramen. Like most Korean stuff its super spicy. shin_ramyun.jpg

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ate ramen for far too long and mostly because I love it more than I couldn't afford better. When I cooked it, I always ate 2 bags at a time and I'd do it like this:

1. Empty seasoning packet into pan.
2. Put noodle brick onto pile of seasoning.
3. Empty second seasoning packet onto first noodle brick.
4. Stack on second noodle brick.
5. Add enough water to reach the top of the second brick.
6. Boil and enjoy.

If I felt like getting fancy, I'd add some of those little salad shrimp, but never too fancy, as I'd always eat it straight out of the pan.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have eaten it out of the package as a snack. Just googled char grilled ramen and sounds pretty good. I am gonna try it.

also remember eaten it in college along with mac and cheese to make it on a limited budget. lol

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 10:30 last night the baby wouldn't sleep so I went into the kitchen and made myself some Ramen with Worchestershire and an Egg. Not too shabby folks, not too shabby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom