How do you feel about stores that don't take cash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a very popular night spot in Tulsa that I quit going to because they wouldn't let me pay for a beer in quarters. Which was incredibly stupid, I thought, doubly so considering I had two hundred bucks in my pocket and every intention of spending it there that night (A very special occasion with friends). Ride had a pike pass, and I had a pocket full of quarters. So why not, right? Well once I was informed that coin was not an acceptable form of payment, I've never been back.

Legal tender is legal tender. If you're too good to take my money, whether I pay with a sock full of nickels or a credit card with a $10k limit, then I take my business elsewhere. That's how I look at it, anyway.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious as to why you would consider NOT taking cash. Is it a concern of being robbed, either by you help or bad guys, or something else?

That's a good point but if I couldn't trust employees with cash then I wouldn't trust them with customer's plastic, either.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cash is King!!! I couldn't imagine not accepting cash. Credit cards fees are outrageous and accepting checks is pretty iffy in the age of debit cards. No brainer man, accept cash or you'll be losing out on sales.

Avman63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cash is the only way some of us can keep our wives from knowing what we're spending our play money on.

I second that if my wife only knew what I really paid for my toys she would have a fit. But for the most part cash only
makes up a small percentage of what I spend money on.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're hoping to open our retail location soon (remodeling currently) and have been debating the ins and outs of accepting cash. As a consumer would it affect your decision to shop somewhere knowing they didn't accept cash?

Thanks!

If a place won't take cash I would shop elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom