How do you feel about stores that don't take cash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kind of crappy on your part to try to pay for a "diet cake" with a credit card. The CC companies charge merchants 2.5%-4% with a minimum transaction charge. As far as teh upcharge, would you feel better if a store offered a discount to cash customers?

Almost every gas station does. They have a cash price per gallon and a credit price per gallon that always higher.

What retail business doesn't take cash. I've not encountered one yet. I personally put everything I can on a CC except things like gas that are higher. I pay the balance in full every month and get a lot of free stuff with the points I earn.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only two good reasons I can think are a buisness trying to prevent robbery bacause of the lack of cash. With robbery I would also suspect the possibilty of keeping its employees from stealing cash too or making false transactions. In my opinion, as running a business I would encourage cash sales.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand a business not accepting checks, but why not take cash? If you won't take my cash money, I'll go somewhere else.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bigger pet peeve are companies that charge you an up charge to use credit cards.

It's against the rules of all the major credit card companies to have different prices for cash and credit, as well as having a minimum limit for a charge.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I have yet to see your position on not accepting cash. If you haven't replied to this thread and do in the future, please let us know what business it is, so I can prevent wasting my time stopping in there. If my cash isn't good enough for you, then I want no part of whatever it is you're selling. Next thing you know, somebody will be wanting euro's or something.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a very popular night spot in Tulsa that I quit going to because they wouldn't let me pay for a beer in quarters. Which was incredibly stupid, I thought, doubly so considering I had two hundred bucks in my pocket and every intention of spending it there that night (A very special occasion with friends). Ride had a pike pass, and I had a pocket full of quarters. So why not, right? Well once I was informed that coin was not an acceptable form of payment, I've never been back.

Legal tender is legal tender. If you're too good to take my money, whether I pay with a sock full of nickels or a credit card with a $10k limit, then I take my business elsewhere. That's how I look at it, anyway.
sounds like you were trying to put coins in the slots at night trips when they just prefer bills in the G string LOL

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im also confused, which is actually not that uncommon. You say "cash" does this mean like the american dollars ,canadian, pesos, euros are all "cash".
What about ..gold ,silver, copper, lead(no not bullets, well maybe? as tender)
So you want credit ,debit cards only, or money orders, personal, cashiers checks.
I dont think it would affect my purchase, Unless like the others said... I dont want it ...mmm... in the system.
I think everyone is asking ....what would be your purpose for the "no cash"?
and if you think some $10-$15 dollar an hour person is gonna pay of their lifestyle with my CC...theres a $500 dollar limit, that only I can overide ...if its more than $350 dollars and I havent pre-arranged..my phone gets dinged for a confirmation.
Theres all kinda things yo can do to protect your CC.
edir:Whats wrong with $10-$15 dollars an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom