How much do you spend on your family cell phone bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much does your family spend on the cell phone bill?

• We don't have a cell phone

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • We don't pay for our phones (company/parents provide)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Around $100

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Around $200

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Around $300

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Around $400

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • More than $500

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just over $200 with 4 Android smartphones on Sprint with unlimited data, text, and more minutes than we could use. But I travel quite a bit and my phone has almost replaced my laptop and a few other devices. I can surf the web, find a business and get directions, check email, check and update my calendar, play games, watch Netflix, and make phone calls. It can also tether by USB or wifi to my laptop if need it.

I posted this from my phone.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my wife I paid $90 for a touch screen phone (minimal web browsing, a "feature" phone they call it) with 1450 minutes & 14 months of service. Tracfone + coupon codes you can find online.

That works out to about $12.86 a month for two phones.

Same here.
TracFone prepaid family plan - $15/mo for two phones. ($9 first line, and $6 for the second)
We're not heavy phone users.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just tagging this thread so I can figure out what I want to do when our contract is up with our current carrier ... I HATE these new phones we have. Only reason we got them was GC's old phone finally died. When we traded up they wouldn't even give us credit for our old phones they were so old. Only thing they did was make and receive calls.

I miss our old phones ... There are features on this new phone I've never even looked at ... I have a computer for that stuff ... (Although texting is nice ...)

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATT $210 or so for 2 iphones with unlimited data, 1 android with limited data, 1 old BB without data. All with unlimited texts and way more shared minutes than we seem to use.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this thread I'm surprised at how much people pay for their phone service. Combine that with the absurd prices Cox charges for cable service and lots of people are shelling out $300-$400 a month for packets of data.

Latest posts

Top Bottom